How to get rid of Dark Circles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by smashinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

try using an orange or salmon colored concealer. Use a thin coat and blend in well
I agree with shashinbeauty, I know this works really well.

I have found that using tea bags (chilled after use) or even a chilled gel face mask works great for me.  I do this in the evening after my normal facial cleansing routine, I also use an eye cream that works great for to get rid of puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles.  I love Emminence Stone Crop Moisturizer and the Jurlique herbal recovery cream.  These steps are what works best for me.

Raw sliced potato is great ( i sometime put it in the fridge an hour before I use them ) Old fashioned witch hazel and of course cucumber is good for puffy eyes and dark circles too but its not always convenient to carry around potatoes and cucumbers in your bag ! The best product I have tried to date ( and yes I have tried many! ) is EYES WIDE OPEN ( does what it says on the tin and more) Its not expensive as far as really good products go and it incidentally it does use witch hazel as well as other natural ingredients. I would thoroughly recommend it. ( fits nicely in your handbag too ) I do agree however that you need to cover basic health issues such as good diet and plenty of sleep as these are the most powerful remedies of all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope these following tips give you better result.

[SIZE=11pt]• Teaspoons – Help reduce swelling in the eyes.[/SIZE]

• Ice-milk cotton pads – This tip, said to brighten the whites of your eyes, is very popular in Europe. First, soak cotton pads in a dish of ice-cold milk and squeeze most of the liquid out. Then, place the pads on your eyes. As they warm, repeat this process (for about 20 minutes).

Additionally you can use the cold compress method to get rid of dark circles. this helps relieving the blood accumulated under eyes. it helps to fade the dark circles and provide you even, smooth skin under eyes.

Using potato slices are effective to treat the dark circles as well as dark skin issues. Being a home remedy there is less risk to affect your skin tone or complexions.

Hope this helps!

There are so many home remedies that can be used to reduce dark circles and brighten your eyes easily. 

- Cucumber juice is a very common remedy. It should be applied daily around eyes and washed off with plain water after 15 minutes.

- Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantities. Apply daily and after 15 minutes wash off with water.

- Mix potato juice with cucumber juice in equal quantities helps if there is puffiness along with dark circles. Apply daily and after 15 minutes wash off with water.

- Tomato juice is useful for lightening skin color.

You can try one of them and get rid of dark circles. Hope it will help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stress is the most common cause for dark circles. You need to have good, plenty and sound sleep.I have heard that cucumber should be kept on the eyes for sometime. It reduces the dark circles to large extent.

Sleep 12 hours if you must! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you face computer for long hours, rub your palm together and put it over your eyes. It relaxes the eyes muscles and may reduces a little. 

Hi Sharon....as they are telling that there are many reasons of dark circles and also several natural and medical treatments for that.But the thing is which treatment gives you fast positive results. It also depends on you skin type.As my doctors recommendation ,i used Revitol and my happy with this. You  also can try.

Rosewater is effective for reducing dark circles. You can dip cotton in rosewater and put cotton on your eyes for some time.

cold compress can reduce dark circle and refresh eyes. dip cotton in cold water and put on your eyes 10-15 minutes

Most commonly, you can place cold cucumber slices directly on your closed eyelids for 10-15 minutes to help reduce the circles under your eyes, or something similarly cold like cold potato slices, chilled tea bags, cold metal spoons, or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel.

I suggest a good sleep pattern that would help a lot- also you may not be able to get rid of them completely but you can cover them up using concealer it really does help.

Back