How to get rid of the itchies.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The itching is usually due to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride in bm. one brand I found avoids this ingredient is afterglow cosmetics- in the us they are online and in uk / europe they are carefreebeauty.eu worked for me... Never tried applying with a sponge tho!

-Em

my first few times using BE, my face would itch so bad.... so i trying the sponge method and i had no problems..... i can use a synthetic brushe to apply my BE with no problem.... it's the natural hair brushes that seem to make me itch...

I'd like to try this method too. Does anyone know where is a good place to get flocked sponges in the UK, please?

Does the dry method work as well as the damp?

Emma

I totally thought it was the bismuth in my formulas that was making me itch as well! I'm definitely going to be trying this - thanks for posting!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ivorysterling /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally thought it was the bismuth in my formulas that was making me itch as well! I'm definitely going to be trying this - thanks for posting!
smile.gif
I used to think that too until practically every brand that I tried after switching from BE caused itching too when I'd get hot.

Originally Posted by keepfitgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd like to try this method too. Does anyone know where is a good place to get flocked sponges in the UK, please?
Does the dry method work as well as the damp?

Emma

I've tried the dry method and it does work.

My face has been significantly clear since I switched to synthetic brushes. Animal hair brushes seem to cause issues for my skin with minerals.

Thanks for the info. I don't experience any itching since i've changed formulas in the brand i use. i'll try this tip incase later on.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the info. I don't experience any itching since i've changed formulas in the brand i use. i'll try this tip incase later on. Just curious as to what brand it is that you use because I itch when I sweat too but maybe it's the brands that I've tried. Thanks

I think the itching we experience is due to the brand of foundation/finishing powder we use and the brushes too...

I have tried Lauress foundation in the minimalist formulation...it only contains 4-5 ingredients and guess what..it's the only brand of MMU foundation that did not make me itch (I've tried at least 6 brands already) even when I sweat alot and I'm grilling BBQ the whole afternoon..I used my EDM long handled kabuki and since it's soft it did not scratch my face...so now, I'll stick with Lauress Minimalist
smile.gif

Originally Posted by crystal_gale /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think the itching we experience is due to the brand of foundation/finishing powder we use and the brushes too...
I have tried Lauress foundation in the minimalist formulation...it only contains 4-5 ingredients and guess what..it's the only brand of MMU foundation that did not make me itch (I've tried at least 6 brands already) even when I sweat alot and I'm grilling BBQ the whole afternoon..I used my EDM long handled kabuki and since it's soft it did not scratch my face...so now, I'll stick with Lauress Minimalist
smile.gif

Thanks

I tried this just to see any difference it may have, and it seems to give me a better finish than with the buffer brush. However I do find that i need to use more.. but it doesn't look cakey.

If you have an itch when you wear mineral make-up consider that it might be an added ingredient; namely bismuth oxychloride. It tends to irritate those who have sensitive skin, acne, or rosacea skin conditions. It is actually chemically similar to arsenic, and can potentiate skin rashes and itchiness. Look for make-up without this ingredient. One to try would be UltraPure Cosmetics. There is plenty of information on google regarding bismuth oxychloride.

Latest posts

Back