How to get STICK-STRAIGHT lashes to stay curled??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've bought tons of mascaras, but I almost never wear them because my lashes end up completely uncurled within like half an hour--what's the use if it ends up in your eyes? I just bought and the Too Faced "better than false" mascara, and sure enough, the same thing happened: great length and volume that disappears. Does anyone have this issue, and and if so, do you have any tips or tricks to get lashes staying curled? I've heard of people using waterproof mascara as a primer, but it's such a pain to take off and it makes my lashes brittle, so I want to avoid doing that.

well that's what i do LOL, use waterproof mascara, love to know if you hear of anything else :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've used a heated curler too but i dont think it works as well.  good luck!

Waterproof mascaras work better, but even then not all are equal. I love CoverGirl Lashblast (the original kind in the orange tube) in waterproof for my lashes which have the same problem as yours - every mascara pulls the curl right out of my lashes. I really don't find it much harder to get off. I use baby oil from the drugstore - like $3 for a big bottle that lasts FOREVER - as eye makeup remover, and it works amazingly on waterproof makeup.

Actually when it comes to makeup removal I only use baby aisle products! Even when I took an 8 month makeup course a few years ago, the instructor who was a working makeup artist for years recommended baby wipes for taking off the first layer of makeup and I have ever since. It's way more afforable than regular makeup wipes - they're usually like $8-$10 for like 20-30 wipes or something, baby wipes are $4 or less and you get around 70 wipes or more! For the eye makeup I just put a little of the baby oil on the corner of the cloth, and wipe off the makeup on my eyes and gently pull the mascara off my lashes (not hard, don't wanna pull out the lashes!). It works like a charm. Some people don't like oily makeup removers but they work waay better, and you're supposed to be washing your face right after anyways! Even if you're being lazy and don't want to, you can use the baby wipe to clean up the residue from the oil anyways.

Definitely give it a try - I haven't used any other mascara for years because this stuff is so perfect for keeping my lashes curled!

I would recommend that you curl your lashes BEFORE applying anything (if you apply mascara then curl them it can break your lashes and cause the mascara to crack).  Curl, prime, then mascara.  I use Mary Kay lash Love and it is great.  I do not have to use the waterproof one and it last all night and I can feel the curl of my lashes on my eye lids! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

JP

You can also heat your eyelash curly with your blow dryer for about 10 seconds.  This will cause it to act as a curling iron for your lashes.

Well, I am probably in the naughty group when I'm having this problem.  Some mascaras simply won't hold the curl and the only thing that has ever worked for me when I have this problem is to apply 2-3 coats of the mascara, let it dry completely and then curl them.  I haven't had any problem with this breaking my lashes or pulling them out for a couple of reasons, 1) I let the mascara dry COMPLETELY, if it is still a little bit wet it will be sticky and will stick to the eyelash curler and pull lashes out or break them, 2) I don't use a great amount of pressure when curling, just enough to get them to curl up a bit.  I'll curl one eye gently, then move to the other, come back to the first and curl it gently again and then the other again.  I know many of you are cringing, but you can look at my lashes and see they are quite full and long.  If you use this method after applying mascara, you will not lose lashes.

ITA with heating the eyelash curler then apply the mascara and use the dryer to dry the mascara so that it sets it. Just be careful not to over heat your eye. HTH
smileno.gif

Latest posts

Back