How to grow hair faster?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eat well... beauty sleep... no funky/nasty chemicals and heat near the hair(bleaches/dyes/hair dryer)... and you will be fine

Originally Posted by x3kh /img/forum/go_quote.gif wait Lol, yes i've waited like two years!

i read somewhere if you massage your scalp 10 mins when you wake up every morning it's suppose to help alot!!!

my hair grows really fast and so does my brothers....

hmm but i generally dont blow dry my hair, hardly curl my hair. i let it dry naturally

hmmm thats all i really do?

i dont know lol

Keep getting it trimmed, don't put too much heat on it and dep condition and wash it

My hair has grown a lot here lately and I've kept a lot of heat off of it and brushed it more than I used to. I also keep it moisturized. I do have "ethnic"/coarse hair but the best thing is to keep heat off of it and keep it healthy by using protective products. Good luck. =]

Thick, long, lustrous hair is the desire of every women. Growing thick hair is not an easy task as it seems to be. my goodness I have read some tips here.. as well I was find some useful tips on how to grow long hair in online.. those are helpful to me...

Build a hair regimen and routine. Keep your hair in a protective style if it's long enough. Something like buns or a style where your ends are not exposed. Keep it moisturized find oils or creams that your hair likes. You can always wash them out in the mornings if you are worried about oily hair. Do deep treatments, hot oils treatments, and low manipulation. And of course a healthy diet, and exercise.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Buns and ponytails are actually not a good thing to keep your hair in since the hair can be stretched and torn if improperly secured. A braid is better than a ponytail or bun especially if the ends can be tucked in under the hair and secured with hair pins (not bobby pins which are a different shape).

so... are buns good or bad??

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Buns and ponytails are actually not a good thing to keep your hair in since the hair can be stretched and torn if improperly secured. A braid is better than a ponytail or bun especially if the ends can be tucked in under the hair and secured with hair pins (not bobby pins which are a different shape).

Good if loose and not done too often (the twisting of your hair is damaging). My haidresser also told me to avoid breakage (i have fine hair), i should avoid braids. To hell with that, i braid or bun or ponytail my hair when the need or the will arises.

Back to the subject, yes hair supplements work, but you have to take them for a few months before you see the result. They will promote hair growth and a healthier hair in general. If you have damaged hair, this will not cure it, so you will not escape a cut.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so... are buns good or bad??
It can be bad if you do it often. My eldest puts her hair up in a ponytail and buns all the time and within a few weeks gets split ends even if she doesn't use a curling/flat iron or hair dryer. I keep telling her she needs to either learn to style her hair properly or just get it cut short and be done with it.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its just because you first said it was bad then it went to good.  
LOL Sorry. It's not good in the long run. It causes splits and breakages but if you don't do it often then it shouldn't hurt healthy hair. If you hair is damaged it will cause more damage. But if you're going out and want to wear your hair in a bun or ponytail you hair won't get damaged but if you're prone to wearing buns and ponytails all the time then it will. Make sense?

I had VERY short hair. Two years later, it is now down to my back...almost to my waist! The most important thing that worked for me is keeping my hair protected. Just leave your hair alone. Try not to blow dry/heat style too much. Also, have a balanced diet. I used to take biotin, but didn't really notice much of a difference so I just ate healthy. Good for hair and body! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When going to sleep, you can french braid your hair. If you don't know how, you can watch youtube videos that will give you excellent and easy tutorials. This will help keep your hair from moving around and getting damaged while you sleep. I get so annoyed when my hair gets pulled around and in my face when I sleep...so braiding it also helps get it off your face. I also took a new years resolution of cutting/trimming my hair only every 6 months. So far it has worked! And TRY to stay away from sulfates, silicones and parabens! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's hard sometimes...I LOVE anti frizz serums and I am a product junkie. Heheh...hope this helps!

Originally Posted by SwtValina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so most people don't know this but your hair has different stages of growth throughout the year. Some hair may be in growth (anagen), some hair may be in regressive (catagen) phase where it stops growing and some hair may be in the resting/shedding phase (telogen). This is why sometimes only some of your hair sheds and why you need regular haircuts to keep the syle since your whole head isn't in the same phase. Other factors that influence hair growth are getting regular trims (make sure you tell your stylist you are growing it long). Heat and hair products with alcohol in it are bad news for your hair so avoid if possible. Wash hair every OTHER day rather than everyday so the oils can nourish your hair and add to growth and take daily vitamins. Eating properly and getting enough nutrients is very important to hair health. Hope this helps!

GOOD INFO! I did not know that! No wonder my hair looks like all sorts of layers by the time I get trims. LOL. I'm gonna research on this more. Thanks!

Back