How to lose weight fast.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight loss surgery is not an easy fix and is not for everybody. In fact, if there is a mental illness history, surgery can only exacerbate the issue. That being said, there is no way to safely lose weight fast. Most diets are nonsense. The only ones that have long-term benefits to weight reduction and overall health are the so-called Mediterranean Diet, and those following the American Diabetic Association guidelines. Respectfully speaking @alisha7526, health is not a waste of time, and the only diets that lead to depression are the overly-restrictive faddish programs that do not provide adequate nutrition.

I agree with everybody saying that there is no healthy way to lose weight fast. If you want to lose it and keep it off you have to change your life style and that takes time to stick. Why blast yourself into a totally different diet and exercise regimen in the first place ? That just adds stress and pretty much guarantees you won't be able to stick to it.

Try starting out by eating a big nutritious breakfast, and then decreasing the food intake for lunch and finishing the day with a salad preferably 3 hours or more before bedtime.

This alone will not only improve your mental and physical health but give you a sense of accomplishment. Then start adding other positive changes to your new lifestyle and diet choices. Don't feel like you have to rush into this. Empower yourself with knowledge of healthy foods that YOU like to eat, and take it from there. 

I agree that drinking water will really help you lose weight.  I started drinking 8 cups of water a day and it really does help keep me fuller.

Here are a few tips to lose your weight fast.

- Join the soda club. Like most people, I love carbonated beverages. However, unlike most people, I love unflavored carbonated beverages – and if your tongue is attune to sugary-sweet drinks, you’re also the kind of person who believes that club soda tastes salty (even when it contains no sodium). Make the move to an unflavored drink sooner rather than later. If you need help along the way, lemons and limes can be your best friends. If you’re going to drink something more than water, at least make sure it’s not going to hinder your progress. If you’re a sugary-soda drinker, dropping it from your daily routine altogether will help you drop ~5 or more pounds in a single week (WITHOUT doing anything else).

- Fiber good. When you start to lose fat, you’re probably going to get constipated. Yeah, it happens more frequently than we care to admit (or share). You should have a good amount of fiber every day, anyway. Fiber is very important to your health (and your weight loss goals). Try the Metamucil snack wafers for a quick fiber infusion. Then, magnesium citrate for those… “stuck†moments, in which you’ll find yourself from time to time. Stick a bottle or two of that in your fridge for safe keeping, and don’t plan on going anywhere for 24 hours after taking a dose (trust me, trust me, trust me).

- Identify your exercise. No exercise was created equal. You might like running, so run. You might like jogging, so jog. You might like stationary bikes, so bike stationarily. Find the one that works best for you – that isn’t too much of a chore for you to do regularly throughout the week. Don’t pick a routine that you don’t like – or you won’t want to do it, and you certainly won’t stick with it for long. I also wouldn’t recommend buying into that whole “no pain, no gain†mantra. I’ve lost weight without hurting myself, and you probably can, too.

- Dietary control and exercise. It’s true what they say – all you need to do is watch what you eat, and expend more energy than you consume. It’s really that simple. You can quit reading this list now, you now know everything you need to know and didn’t need to fork over $500 for the privilege of me telling you the secret of losing weight. You don’t need to read a 4,000 page book, you don’t have to buy a tape series, you don’t need to stay up late at night to watch infomercials to understand this basic premise. It’s 100% true.

Quote: Originally Posted by Evlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here are a few tips to lose your weight fast.

- Join the soda club. Like most people, I love carbonated beverages. However, unlike most people, I love unflavored carbonated beverages – and if your tongue is attune to sugary-sweet drinks, you’re also the kind of person who believes that club soda tastes salty (even when it contains no sodium). Make the move to an unflavored drink sooner rather than later. If you need help along the way, lemons and limes can be your best friends. If you’re going to drink something more than water, at least make sure it’s not going to hinder your progress. If you’re a sugary-soda drinker, dropping it from your daily routine altogether will help you drop ~5 or more pounds in a single week (WITHOUT doing anything else).

- Fiber good. When you start to lose fat, you’re probably going to get constipated. Yeah, it happens more frequently than we care to admit (or share). You should have a good amount of fiber every day, anyway. Fiber is very important to your health (and your weight loss goals). Try the Metamucil snack wafers for a quick fiber infusion. Then, magnesium citrate for those… “stuck†moments, in which you’ll find yourself from time to time. Stick a bottle or two of that in your fridge for safe keeping, and don’t plan on going anywhere for 24 hours after taking a dose (trust me, trust me, trust me).

- Identify your exercise. No exercise was created equal. You might like running, so run. You might like jogging, so jog. You might like stationary bikes, so bike stationarily. Find the one that works best for you – that isn’t too much of a chore for you to do regularly throughout the week. Don’t pick a routine that you don’t like – or you won’t want to do it, and you certainly won’t stick with it for long. I also wouldn’t recommend buying into that whole “no pain, no gain†mantra. I’ve lost weight without hurting myself, and you probably can, too.

- Dietary control and exercise. It’s true what they say – all you need to do is watch what you eat, and expend more energy than you consume. It’s really that simple. You can quit reading this list now, you now know everything you need to know and didn’t need to fork over $500 for the privilege of me telling you the secret of losing weight. You don’t need to read a 4,000 page book, you don’t have to buy a tape series, you don’t need to stay up late at night to watch infomercials to understand this basic premise. It’s 100% true.

Totally with you on the soda. Even diet soda is bad for weight loss. The artificial sweeteners apparently prompt your body to make insulin which tells your body to start storing fat!

I've cut down my soda drinking, we'll see how it goes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

For losing weight quickly exercise is important but with exercise we should do some useful tools for fat lose. Drinking too much water is very useful because water burns extra calories and fat. Green tea and coffee are also good.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelAnsara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For losing weight quickly exercise is important but with exercise we should do some useful tools for fat lose. Drinking too much water is very useful because water burns extra calories and fat. Green tea and coffee are also good.

Try some healthy low calorie foods they are not only good for your waist line, but they are also good for your skin. If you eat the right foods you will have better looking skin. Have you heard of turnip chips they are a great alternative to potato chips and pretty tasty. And eating smaller portions is definitely key to losing weight and getting healthy. 

Here are some other weight loss tips; it is important to plan out your diet and fitness routine because it helps you stay focused. Choose some healthy meals and snacks there are so many options like the turnip chips or baked sweat potato fries. I have recently started eating healthy and for the first time I appreciate food and eat very little junk food.
The diet goal sheet really helped me.

The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight fast is to stay healthy.  Weight loss can be fast.....but you must make sure you don't make your body sidk while doing it.  This is an excellent guide to losing weight the RIGHT way.

Losing weight fast generally will not stay off. You want to lose weight gradually by making changes in your diet and exercise routines.

If anyone is interested in tips, motivation, challenges, healthy recipes and random things, I've been building my blog for the last year and just now back at it. Take a look at it for any additional inspiration you may need! (Link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
People now a days eat more cholesterol food which is very dangerous for health. We must eat rich in protien food.... drink water... and must exercise daily... That the only healthy way by which we can keep purself fit and healthy

Decrease your weight while doing exercise not more only for 10 minutes every day in morning and after 10 days you can judge that effects on your body. rather no need to compromise with meal,   

This thread has been captured by spam links now...

Just saying. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But strong self dicipline regarding excercise is the only way to loosing weights. You can go on a diet and be as strict as possible, but you will never reach your goals unless you excercise a lot.

Green tea for me - all day long. It does really good in shedding the fat and you can make it to be pretty tasty as well. There are lots of sorts sold out online and offline - my favorite one is from https://liftmode.com/ ...

I love the feeling one gets when one starts controlling body weight and nutrition ... it keeps you motivated in other life spheres as well  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Have a great night everybody

Exercise and diet both are very important for weight lose. A person who wants to lose weight should try to do regular exercise and also try to maintain diet.

Back