How to prevent cakiness???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like using a powder to set my foundation as i have very oily skin and hate my skin looking over oily. I feel like I have tried everything to prevent my face from becoming cakey, including moistuizering and priming before I apply my makeup. I work in a hot environment which also doesn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make my makeup look perfect all day? Would be great to know what primers or liquid and powder foundation duos that work best for you. Thank you for your time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you tried using blotting papers? I live in a hot area too and these help so much. They mop up sweat and oil but leave your makeup on. I know ELF sells them cheap online or at Target. I think they call them shine erasers. Lots of other brands have them too.

So Goss is a fave YouTube guru of mine and he mentioned even with a heavy application of liquid/creme foundation, to take a tissue and gently press it to your face, soaking up excess oil. This will leave the color behind and It'll help your foundation last longer and also with oxidation. Then apply your powder to set everything. Also, match your primers to your foundation type ie, silicone and water based to like minded products. It works for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Applying powder with a powderpuff will get a lot of product onto your face so your makeup will last even I you have oily skin. Knock off excess powder with a brush so it won't be cakey:)

Latest posts

Back