How to use bronzer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i apply it all over my face, eyes, neck and decolette area and it's super natural looking too. If you're applying a heavier bronzer..and heavy i mean..heavy in color..then you may want to put it on the cheeks and t zone area...

but mine is so subtle that i can get away with bronzing any part of my body!

Someone on a different forum wanted to know how to apply their Laguna-Orgasm duo. I drew this diagram to help her out - i'll post it here just in case anyone needs further help.

"I normally apply Laguna using the "3" shape - I sweep the color from the temples, to right under the cheekbone, and then curve back down to the jawline. To get a more bronzey effect, brush a tiny bit on your forehead, nose, and chin.

As for Orgasm..I use the 187 brush to apply it over the apple of the cheek, sweeping it back towards the cheekbone. I heard from a makeup artist on QVC that you should guide yourself by looking at the center of your eye. Blush should be applied starting at the center of your eye, then going up (trying not to apply it close to your nose).

To get a more natural effect, try using a stippling brush like the 187 to build up the color intensity. A stippling brush will apply the lightest application of powder.

Pink - blush, Brown- bronzer"

also - I personally wouldn't contour with bronzer, unless it was a matte bronzer. When you contour you want to create a shadow.. and shimmery bronzers will attract light instead. just my opinion
smile.gif

Kabuki's work fine for applying bronzer. the one i use came with a kabuki and it works great. you just have to make sure you hardly have anything on the brush

i apply my bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks and finish off with a little on the bridge of my nose, chin and forehead (spots where the sun hits you on your face)

Bronzers are just added color... Use it sparingly. You actually do not need one if you have a color that is bronzy, but use it on the areas that you want to contour. You can use deeper color to do that as well.

I was using the 3 technique also but after reading this thread I now know where to apply it...thanks a lot for the tips...

yep 3b is the way to go.. you can do mre with bronzer of course but 3b its a great way to start

Many brands make a lot of brushes now that are specifically designed for bronzing powder. Many of these brushes are very soft and large with a flat top.

Laura Mercier makes a pretty good bronzer brush:

bronzer-brush-travel-length-06649324709.jpg

They also make liquid bronzers like Milani Tiger Bronzer:

71748990301.jpg

cream bronzers like Josie Maran Cream Bronzer:

1040_lg.jpg

Powder Bronzers like Physicians Formula Solar Powder SPF 20 Face Powder/Bronzer

41JBw3Jd4YL._SS400_.jpg

and spray-on bronzers like Guerlain Terracota Spray SPF 10:

P175200_hero.jpg

I've only tried the spray-on kind and the powdered kind, and I prefer powder. Spray-on application is a mess and sometimes gets chunky on your face... not my favorite.

A lot of the cream ones look really nice though.

try using it to contour the face..or on the bridge of the nose..jawline..sometimes if if you've done a heavier eye make-up or dark lipcolour then bronzer can help in adding l'il warmth to the cheeks yet keeping it decent looking..brushing a bit of it in the crease area of the eyes and using no colour on the lids also looks good for a warm neutral look
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif yep! like the top of the 3 is at the temples, the middle on the cheeks, the bottom towards the chin. hmmm, sounds like a great idea, I gonna try that. I have never used brozer before.

Originally Posted by alka1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Someone on a different forum wanted to know how to apply their Laguna-Orgasm duo. I drew this diagram to help her out - i'll post it here just in case anyone needs further help.
"I normally apply Laguna using the "3" shape - I sweep the color from the temples, to right under the cheekbone, and then curve back down to the jawline. To get a more bronzey effect, brush a tiny bit on your forehead, nose, and chin.

As for Orgasm..I use the 187 brush to apply it over the apple of the cheek, sweeping it back towards the cheekbone. I heard from a makeup artist on QVC that you should guide yourself by looking at the center of your eye. Blush should be applied starting at the center of your eye, then going up (trying not to apply it close to your nose).

To get a more natural effect, try using a stippling brush like the 187 to build up the color intensity. A stippling brush will apply the lightest application of powder.

Pink - blush, Brown- bronzer"

also - I personally wouldn't contour with bronzer, unless it was a matte bronzer. When you contour you want to create a shadow.. and shimmery bronzers will attract light instead. just my opinion
smile.gif

Great advice, Thanks much!!

I use the 3 and E method for bronzing.  Along with a very slim line of bronzer down each side of the bridge of my nose to slim and straighten it.  I also apply it under my jawline and under my chin to hide my double chin. I put a bit on my chin, too.  Whatever is left on my brush gets applied down my throat and onto my chest.  Also, when applying the 3 and E, I brush downwards, with what's left on the brush, on the part that is under the cheek bone.  I haven't gotten brave enough to apply bronzer all over my face yet.  I think I will try it sometime soon though, especially with summer upon us now.  Lots of good advice in this thread.  I would love it if there is someone out there that can explain thouroughly as to how to apply bronzer to the chest/cleavage.  I've watched a couple youtube vids, but they are all different.  So what's the right/best way?

Just some questions, it's so confusing.  Because everyone uses the same name/term for different things.  Can you bronze AND contour together??  And would you ever bronze and use blush together/  I know you contuor and blush.  But what if you want to contour to get your face more symmetrical AND you want to bronze to look sun-kissed?? Can that be pulled off or no and if so, how??  When you say you use the 3 and the E, is that bronzing and contouring?  Because it gets hit on the cheek and in the hollow of the cheek????

Originally Posted by mamaherrera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just some questions, it's so confusing.  Because everyone uses the same name/term for different things.  Can you bronze AND contour together??  And would you ever bronze and use blush together/  I know you contuor and blush.  But what if you want to contour to get your face more symmetrical AND you want to bronze to look sun-kissed?? Can that be pulled off or no and if so, how??  When you say you use the 3 and the E, is that bronzing and contouring?  Because it gets hit on the cheek and in the hollow of the cheek????
You CAN bronze and contour together- a matte bronzer works better for contouring.  Wearing a shimmery bronzer where sunlight would normally hit your face can give you that sun-kissed look.

I don't personally use bronzer and blush together, but if you wanted to, I'm sure it could work just fine!  You just need to make sure you don't over-apply either product and blend well.

I do mine using the "3" method. If I accidentally get too much Bronzer on my brush, I simply blend it out. I use a Bronzer brush, which is a sephora brand. It picks up tons of pwdr, but I can blend it out

Back