huge hair loss!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has your mum been to a doctor? I heard that prenatal pills help, and try castor oil too.

Personally I use Sara Shantelle's Head CPR since I've been losing hair since early 30s. Been using it for a few years now and I can visibly see changes, my hair looks thicker and healthier now

Hair loss is major issue . Hair loss in various condition like age. Hormonal changes , deficiency of proteins and vitamins ., Dandruff, stress and other things. Hair loss Naturally but more loss is a problem. Consult any Ayurveda therapy.You should always take proper diet  eat  vitamins rich fruit and vegetables , use Natural and Herbal Hair Product those gives you good results. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Go to the vitamin store and get karatene. I had hair thinning after losing too much weight too quickly and it restored my hair completely.

Perhaps more than any other single feature, your hairstyle contributes to the image you project to others. When a person experiences significant hair loss, it can be damaging to his or her self-esteem. There are several types of hair loss that can occur, and there may be a variety of factors involved, including genetics, medications, disease, and cancer treatments. Fortunately, there are a number of hair loss restoration and prevention treatment options currently available for individuals with thinning hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the major issues among the youth is hair loss, especially when it occurs due to the daily activities like brushing, wearing helmets, etc. It really affects the beauty and style of the youth.  Experimenting different marketed chemical products for hair growth may actually ruin your hair and can lead to severe hair loss.One can regain the lost hair by applying natural oils containing aloe vera, olive, rosemary, etc. Also avoid using harsh shampoos containing formaldehyde. Still, if you are not able to control severe hair loss, you may go for  a hair transplant.  The main benefits of hair transplant is that it can be done easily and immediate permanent results can be obtained.

Definitely she should start with her PCP to try and narrow down causes, then see either a dermatologist or endocrinologist depending on the PCP's recommendation. I've been fighting hormonal hair loss more than half my life, and it sucks. Thinning hair and a receding hairline is all I see when I look in the mirror, and it's rotten for my self esteem (which is why my dog is my avatar here instead of a picture of me -- I don't allow anyone to take pictures of me if I can help it).

I've found a couple of things that help. First, only wash hair every other or third day (dry shampoo on the off days will help styling and managing oily scalp). A supplement like Viviscal will help hair appear fuller. So will coloring hair (darker is better, as lighter will look even more thin and wispy). A lob or bob with long layers that can be combed or back-combed over the crown will help disguise the thin patches. Don't use heavy conditioners or oils, which will only weigh it down. I've started using Hairmax, which is a laser treatment that was recommended by my doctor. It's expensive, and I've only been using it a month, so I can't report on the results, but it's non invasive and hopefully will do something. If you buy it from QVC they have an extended return on it so you can see if it works and return it if it doesn't.

Good luck!

my mum, she is 45 and her hair is falling huge amount every time she combs her hair or wakes up in the morning on pillow, and her hair is turning grey too, I have used few different shampoo/conditioners but hasnt worked yet, and having just few and grey hair, i dont know what hairstyle will suits her, normally I do her hair, she dont like much doing herself cuz she says she dont know how to,
Hey Rob, it's her hormones.   I guess it might have something to do with the possible onset of menopause. Tell you mum it is something all females go through.   I am 70, when I was approaching menopause I cut my hair short and have kept it short since then.   If her iron levels etc are all OK, then don't worry.   Maybe use a hair repair system like mine, Pro Naturals.  I love the Moroccan Argan Oil in it.

Onion juice helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation.

• Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
  • Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.

Back