Hurricane Rita Tracker Thread -now a category 5 hurricane

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Reija get out soon
icon_eek.gif
take care Reija.

Holy Cow - here we go again! What's with all these nasty hurricanes? I realize its hurricane season but they are more vicious this year than ever!
icon_eek.gif

I hope those of you that live in the area, can find a way to let us all know that you're all safe!

Take care!!
frown.gif

It's a real mess!! Everyone is trying to leave and it is taking 10-15 hours to get places that would normally take 30-45 minutes to get to and people are running out of gas on the freeways and there is no gas as the gas stations. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers they are definitely needed.

I sure hope everyone on the Texas coast will be okay, I am just praying myself. Please don't hit Louisiana to hard. My prayers are with everyone right now in their time of need.

One of my best friends lives in a town near Houston but is in Houston right now, she said they are going to try to drive home today, and as Devin said, they estimate it will take 9 hours when it normally takes 30 minutes to get home! And I have no idea if their home is in the path of the hurricane and where they'll go if it is. And her husband's family is in Houston too, I assume they are evacuating. So I am praying for them and everyone else in the area!

And while everyone's safety is certainly more important than material things, they did just move to TX and bought their first house a month ago! They also have several pets that I hope they can take with them!
frown.gif

This is not looking good! I hope everyone listens and gets out safe!

They are in my thoughts and prayers! Good Luck Texas MUT'ers!

Just wanted to tell you guys that we are okay here in Houston. Thankfully we didn't get hit really hard. The lights and phones were out in some places, but we never lost our lights, just phone lines for a few hours yesterday. Beaumont and other counties near here were hit really hard. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. We are praying for other counties and Louisiana where I also have family.

Glad you're doing okay and it wasn't anything major. Hope your family is doing alright aswell.

Originally Posted by devinjhans Just wanted to tell you guys that we are okay here in Houston. Thankfully we didn't get hit really hard. The lights and phones were out in some places, but we never lost our lights, just phone lines for a few hours yesterday. Beaumont and other counties near here were hit really hard. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. We are praying for other counties and Louisiana where I also have family.

Thank you so much!! My family is doing well!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Glad you're doing okay and it wasn't anything major. Hope your family is doing alright aswell.

i did check them and I sent pm's to everyone, thanks!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) oh ok great, make sure you check your PMs

I just heard back from my friend, they were lucky enough that the hurricane mostly missed their town, and they don't even have any property damage! It did end up taking them 2 days to get home, but they were fortunate enough to not run out of gas, and to find a family that let them stay overnight when all the hotels were booked! God was watching out for them!
smile.gif

Back