I Am in Love With Bare Escentuals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I would try BE if I were you. Maybe there are other gals here that have your same skin type. I would be worried that the Bismuth would be too harsh for your skin. There may be other MMU companies that would be a better choice. Hopefully someone will chime in here and help.

I also have really dry, sensitive skin and this one has been the best (and I have tried allot of them - lol).

I love BE too! I have the foundation and mineral veil.

Stashblaster, maybe you could try ordering samples of foundations and try them out before buying an expensive full size jar? I know you can order samples from Lily Lolo but there must be other companies that offer this as well. Look in the Mineral Sites thread!

BE's blushes, eyeshadow, lip colors rock! Always consistent and reliable in color, texture, quality too.

I have dry skin too and I love that BE doesn't irritate my skin or make it look flaky.

Hi Princess! I, too, am inlove with BE. It would be my number 1 (EDM is currently my #1), if it weren't for the cost factor!

Bunnylover, I think BE would work great for you, but be sure to use a good face moisturizer or primer, to avoid the dry, flakey look. I also have dry skin and BE works really good!

I've been using BE for almost a year now and just cannot get enough. Everytime BE is on QVC I have to watch and usually end up buy whatever new kit is on. The kits are really priced well and they usually have color combos that you can't get anywhere else. Ex. I just go a new kit "The Love Bird" collection. It has a new Buxom Lip Gloss in a color that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's worth checking out.

Oooh, I love Bare Escentuals, too! I've been using it for a little over a month now. My fiance bought me the starter kit in light/fairly light for valentines day. Haven't stopped using it since. =) The only thing is that even thought they are the lightest foundation shades, it's still too dark for my skin! Maybe I'm eiehter layering it on too heavy or I need to get an even lighter shade.. if they make one. LOL! But I sitll love it any way.

Which is actually the lighter color? Light or Fairly light? Because sometimes I look at them and sometimes light looks lighter than fiarly light or vice versa... lol.

The lightest color in BE is actually fair. Then it is fairly light, then light.

thanks everyone. i've mentioned earlier that i have dry skin and was concerned that BE foundation may be too dry for my face. so today after work i headed over to Sephora to give BE a try. I lightly dusted BE's foundation (medium beige) on my face (it matches my skin color just right) and my skin didn't flake like i expected. coverage was pretty good, no itching. i also tried BE's blush in golden gate and Joyous Jennifer/ Sorbet. looks lovely on me. but im a newbie, im still gona shop around and look for a better deal.

I'm in love with BE too! I'm so glad to find others who prefer it to anything else they've tried. I know a lot of people have tried it and found it is not for them; but I knew there had to be others who found that it WAS -- that I wasn't just the only one, LOL!

I too watch QVC when it's on, although I usually have to record it because I'm usually at work or asleep when it's on. So I often miss the special "Today Only" deals (which I'm sure is just fine with my husband, who thinks I don't need anything else to tempt me to buy any more makeup!) but I get to see what's new out there and get lots of good tips. QVC was where I first saw someone use MMU eyeliner with the flat brush, and it totally changed the way I put on eye makeup. I also love watching Philosophy on QVC!

i love bare minerals too.. but i'm beginning to wonder if there are better things out there. i'm ready to try some new stuff, even though i'll always love my bare minerals!

I also love BE- I have dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin and this makeup has been so great! I went thru a phase right before i started using it where my face was so dry and irritated that it would burn and keep me up at night, but this stuff didn't irritate it at all! Another excellent one is Lumiere!

my stepdaughter has really dry skin & she LOVES BE, it looks fabulous on her, just moisturize well before applying or use a primer.

I actually stopped using BE because I wasn't thrilled with the shade choices. Tried others, liked some and loved others but none as much as I love the BE finish on me. There's just something about the finish of my skin when I wear BE that looks so natural and beautiful...almost like a natural second skin. :laughing:

Am so glad you liked it - have started using BE only recently 6 months ago and love mineral make up now. have just started using a wet prep for concealer and this works beautifully !

Back