I can't curl my eyelashes...! :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have the same problem. Even when my friends were trying to do it, it wouldn't stay curled
frown.gif
. So, I just sort of accepted my lashes
biggrin.gif

try putting mascara on then put your blow dryer up on the cool setting and lightly air out the lashes and it curls them for me better then a e/l curler

i used to use the heated curler pre-mascara too, and then i went on the website and they said the opposite! i was like ??? and it totally worked!

and when i need all day to night hold, i go over my lashes pre-mascara with a small detailed curler, then mascara, then set with a heated curler.

Yeah, the blowdryer thing def. works for me.

Like some other people said, I put the e/l curler right at the base of my lashes, clamp down for a few seconds, then scoot the curler out a tiny tiny bit, clamp for sec, scoot some more, clamp, scoot, clamp etc. till you get to the very tip and it makes them more curly-ish than kinky-ish. That works for me. But it takes a while...

I have a similar problem... I use a battery-operated heated eyelash curler, but it barely works on my lashes! No matter how long I use it (though I normally take it off after 30 seconds - a girl needs to blink) and even if I follow with mascara, they still stay straight. Perhaps I'm doomed to spend my days curl-free...

Rizzie: I have the same problem and eyelash curlers only work for me when I really am careful and use the technique that a makeup whiz taught me. I have thrown away the heated curlers, geez what a waste. A couple of seconds with a blowdryer is much more effective. Here are two tried and proven techniques (depending on how humid it is) that I have found work for me to keep a curled lash through the day.

Using a Curler. (I use the metal Power Eyelash Curler made by sque.com which has a curved pad on the bottom). Use a blowdyer on med heat/low airflow to heat curler for about 2-3 secs. Start by curling at the base of the lash, hold for about 5 seconds and then gently double pump the curler, gradually going out to the tip of the lashes at least 4 or five times to create a rounded lift. Then for just for about 5 seconds curl the base of the lashes again. Follow with putting on the rest of your makeup including your eyeliner (this gives time for the lash to cool and set) then use waterproof mascara which has curling agents. You will get curly lashes that last all day.

No Curler (I use this more in humid summers). Put on your mascara as usual, then using an old mascara wand (completely cleaned) heat the tip of the wand with a hairdryer, and then use it to curl your lashes (after the mascara). This gives a very natural curl over regular eyelash curlers (which most will give more of a straight up curl) and it lasts all day. Using the wand only works when used after you apply the mascara.

Try'em out. Let me know what you think

Sobelle

yup, I do the hairdryer with a metal curler trick too.. except you have to be careful not to burn your lashes!

Originally Posted by dreamgirl_leah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have this problem too. I will have to try some of these. I wonder if there is some ancient Chinese secret to long lashes? lol

I have this problem, and I still can't find the perfect way to do it.  I've been applying my mascara and curling it after it dries, but I've heard that it's bad for your lashes:( It works, but makes if a little clumpy, too.

My lashes are super stubborn too. I've tried all sorts of methods and mascaras, the curl still doesn't stay. So it's good old false lashes for me. :x

Have you ever tried spraying your finger tips with some hair spray, then rub that on the lashes, let dry, curl, and mascara.

Some people also use a heated lash curler or heat theirs up with the blow dryer.

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you ever tried spraying your finger tips with some hair spray, then rub that on the lashes, let dry, curl, and mascara.

Some people also use a heated lash curler or heat theirs up with the blow dryer.
They have heated ones that are like a little comb rather than something you squeeze.  I found one at the $5 store.  It works well, and you can use it after your mascara without damaging the lashes.

Back