I hate my freakles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there anyone else out there who hates there freakles I can not stand mine and have covered them for ages but finding a good foundation that covers them is so hard is there anyone out there that has a soloution I would be grateful thanks

Freckles are awesome. It seems like the only people that hate freckles are the people that have them haha. No worries, if you really want to cover them I suggest Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation but get your skintone matched so you can apply this foundation in small areas, it wears thick.

I no so many people say how can u hate them but there just a pain probs would not be bad if you had a few light ones. And do u no any foundations that work from a superdrug I have been using healthy mix but have started to use less foundation now and abit more powder as seems to last longer but still not the best

I LOVE freckles. They're littles kissed from the Sun! For me they're a great beauty feature to be played up. At any rate, you want them concealed, which can be difficult. Airbrushing is one good method. Another one is to use a F/C foundation such as DermaBlend, DermaColor, Cinema Secrets, Joe Blasco, Ben Nye, Kryolan to name just a few good quality brand named ones that will conceal them. Yes, freckles are numerous and darker than your skin tone. The trick is to pick a shade that won't make you look ashy or too tan. Undertones are key here in picking the correct shade. I suggest going for a consult with your dermatologist, with a consultant at a professional make-up store, or at a department store make-up counter. However, long lasting /wearing liquid foundations tend to look drying on the skin... Just FYI.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE freckles. They're littles kissed from the Sun! For me they're a great beauty feature to be played up.
I couldn't agree with this more. I know a lot of people want to cover them but I think they are so pretty!

I would love to go to a makeup counter and get tested but I don't leave the house without make up on and if my make up don't go right then I don't go out its like it rules my life and I hate it but I av been like his for years. 1 day ill get it spot on and ill do exact same thing the next day and it don't look right

Originally Posted by unhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I no but it will be in the shp where everyone could see
Trust me when I say we are all our own worst critic. You have nothing to be ashamed of and freckles do not make you ugly. I think you feel that way but take heart in the fact that most other people think they are beautiful.

I think a lot of us wear our makeup as a crutch whether or not we care to admit it. I hated the way I looked as a teenager and it was like magic when I finally found a makeup routine that made me look good. I think I became too dependent on it. I finally had to realize that makeup enhances me, not makes me. I still struggle with it, but I totally understand where you are coming from. It's an amazing feeling though when you can go out of the house without a single bit of makeup and know that you are awesome without it. It's totally freeing when you let go and realize that people who love you will love you no matter what and people who are going to be mean will be mean whether or not you have makeup on. Confidence creates such a sense of freedom. I encourage you to write a list of 5 things that you like about yourself and go outside of your house with no makeup in baby steps. Maybe go through the drive through the first time. Always think of the things that you like about yourself. Take your list with you and remember to smile. A smile is the prettiest thing a person can do with their face.

Thanks paris. I think iv tried to cover them for so long that its like normal for me to do this now. I always wish I had normal clear skin but feels like every day is another battle iv hid them for so long that hardly anyone knows I have any as there always coverd and tht if people see me with them they going to be shocked and I feel so ugly with them showing knowing that when I cover them I look so much better and pick to cover them to look better. I don't mind covering them its just every day feels like a battle as 1 day I can get my make up looking good and then ill do the exact same thing the next day and I can't get it right I just don't no what to do anymore it gets me down everyday and I know it seems daft as there is other bigger problems in the world but its just so horrible to feel like these things on my face are controlling my life and I don't think ill ever like them

Ya, there may be bigger problems in the world, but this is obviously something that is big to you. Just take it one day at a time. The older you get, the more you'll realize that you should embrace who you are. It's not worth it to worry everyday about how you look. And trust me, this is coming from someone who struggles with this daily. After all, you're stuck with the body and face you have so you might as well make the most of it. Not feeling attractive can make you feel like staying inside all day. People can tell you that you're pretty or cute or whatever, but it doesn't mean anything if you don't feel that way. There's nothing wrong with wearing makeup to feel pretty. Just don't let it control you. It's not worth it in the end. 

If I could just find a way where I could get it to look ryt everyday instead ov 1 day its right the next day it aint then I'd b fine I was thinking of using fake tan as I find them easier to cover with a tan thn paler skin

LOL, I have had this "problem" since I started wearing foundation!( They looked like blemishes after my foundation application.) I could not find one foundation to cover them at first, but then I gradually found a good routine as I am SUPER pale with freckles! First, I wear a Neutrogena 100 SPF sunscreen everyday to protect  and prevent more and darker freckles. Then, I use the a bare minerals primer to prep my face, followed by L'oreal's True Match foundation in Alabaster. After I have buffed on a good coat, I will follow with Smashbox's lightest concealer under the eyes(forgot the name of the color) Then I set everything with Bare Minerals Original powder foundation. There is SPF 15 in both foundations I believe on top of the 100 I applied. This may seem a bit too intense, but you can't ever be too careful with pale and freckly skin! SN: I found that after using SPF 100 for a couple of months, my freckles are almost invisible through my makeup! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Least I'm not the only one lol. I ave brought so many foundations and used to think this could be the one to then get home and it be crap I aint found a good routine where everyday my make up is the same and it drives me mad what I would do for clear skin lol. Ill have to try the true match foundation and give it a try what is it like on the skin? I'm using I'm using healthy mix at the moment and does feel like your not wearing foundation but you do have to apply a lot to hide the freakles. Does your routine cover all your freakles or can you still see them a tiny bit?

haha, well using the SPF is #1 because it prevents the freckles :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, the true match can be more of a medium to full coverage foundation (if desired) so it DOES feel like you are wearing foundation (especially with the concealer and powder) but after awhile it does feel lighter as with any foundation. The True Match is a pretty watery consistency (after heat contact on skin) but goes on skin to cover with purpose. You don't need much and it's not a matte finish. It's more of a natural looking glow. When people see me without my makeup they say "I didn't know you had freckles?!" lol. But, I like it because it's a great everyday makeup without the huge price tag! I save my good foundation for occasions! As far as the visibility of the freckles with my full routine, I can still see a few here (barely) and there around my temples. But, if I say that to anybody else they would call me crazy! Other than that, you cannot see them at all! If I were to tan or go in the sun all the time and not wear SPF, I would not be able to cover nearly as easy. But, remember......SPF is key for freckly skin!(even in winter) lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooo I so wanna try it but sick ov wasting money on foundation lol. Are your freakles dark and big or are they very light? Have you ever tried the healthy mix?

lol, so true! I've spent tons on foundation.....so that's understandable! Bare Minerals by itself is actually a good alternative though. It has SPF and the Bare Minerals Original has great coverage alone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My freckles range small and big. I have them all over my body as well. But, mostly on my face. If I didn't wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun, I would have very dark brown freckles. In fact, If I go to the beach (with no sunscreen or makeup) for ONE day my freckles would not be coverable for about a week until the melanin dissipates. But, since it' winter and AND I always cover my skin anyways, my freckles are a very light brown.I have not tried healthy mix, but I've just googled it. The consistency looks alot like True Match. Healthy mix looks like a lighter foundation after application though. I would also suggest exfoliating and maybe a skin lighting cream ( I don't use one, too expensive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  but if you do, beware of the creams that contain carcinogenic ingredients. They can cause skin cancer.They have creams that are all natura as welll...... But, I'll just stick with my all natural lemon wedges! I'll rub one on my face every once in a while to exfoliate as well as fade any prominent freckles! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So if I'm using healthy mix do u think true match would be better for me? Do u think true match is a thicker foundation or better coverage 4 freakles? I have also used fake tan aswell so think thts made them a lot darker I couldn't find the right foundation for my skin and found it easier to match a foundation to my. When I have fake tan on but its a pain putting it on everyday aswell as my make up so would love to find a foundation thts ryt for my skin without the tan so may have to try the true match

Latest posts

Back