i hate weight!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay i was over weight a while ago and i lost the 10 pounds i was suposed 2!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
...... but after that i cant lose a damn pound...i have been eating rite...salads all the time fruits vegies....all that good stuff little healthy snacks between classes...as for exersize i play hockey, soccer, go for at least 1 walk a day not to mention all the running around between classes....but anywayz i have not lost anything for a while....and i am sooooo desperate i will do anything!!!! soo do you have any advice for me other than the usual: exersize more than u eat and dont stress so much about this ur perfect the way u r stuff.?>?~!?

Those last few pounds are always hard to get off especially if you are already thin. If you are burning more than you eat and still not losing weight. Here are a few alternatives. Some are safer than others.

Limit Sodium intake--water retension adds a few pounds

Eat more insoluable fiber like bran and oats - will push out bulky food

Try the Hollywood juice diet- 48 hour diet, restricted to juices everys 5 hours- calorie

consumption around 500cal with this diet. Do not exercise these two days

Take metamucil for fiber supplements to help your bowels move more often

Try a cleansing diet for a few days--should shed those last few pounds and then a follow a calorie controlled diet

Dont eat after 6pm

Weight yourself at the same time everyday. YOU can naturally gain a pound or two during the day

Take natural acidophilis- found in yogurt-to maintain healthy intestinal flow

Watch fake sugar intake

If you have to (if all else fails)-try the every other day diet- eat nothing one day, only water and calorie free drinks and gum, and the next day eat as your normally would ( the trick to this diet, is the next day you only would ususally eat your normal calorie intake and the span of the 2 day diet would be divide the calories in half. Example day 1 o calories and day 2 1200 calories then divide this by 2 and then the past two days you only have 600 calories)

hope this helped

thanks alot for ur help im tryin a few new things seeing wat will work better and everything!
smile.gif
thanks again
smile.gif

What I've learned at Weight Watchers, is that if you've plateau'd - meaning you've lost weight but can't move past your current weight to get to your goal, then you need to change up your exercise routine a bit.

For example, if you normally walk on the treadmill at a zero incline, try setting the incline to low and then gradually increase it (over days). It's that your body is probably used to your exercise program and you need to switch it up a bit to burn off those stubborn last few pounds. If you normally run 2 miles, then try running 2.5 or 3. All with a doctor's permission of course.

Anyway, I'm no dietician - but this is what I've heard that exercise and diet people advise others to do who are in your situation.

Originally Posted by xotinkerbellglo Try the Hollywood juice diet- 48 hour diet, restricted to juices everys 5 hours- calorie consumption around 500cal with this diet. Do not exercise these two days

If you have to (if all else fails)-try the every other day diet- eat nothing one day, only water and calorie free drinks and gum, and the next day eat as your normally would ( the trick to this diet, is the next day you only would ususally eat your normal calorie intake and the span of the 2 day diet would be divide the calories in half. Example day 1 o calories and day 2 1200 calories then divide this by 2 and then the past two days you only have 600 calories)

I know you said some of these diets were safer than others, but these two sound incredibly unhealthy! You need to eat a variety of "regular" food to get all the nutrients your body needs, (vitamin supplements don't cut it, your body absorbs nutrients much better from food) and you need to eat at regular intervals (at least 3 meals a day!) to keep your metabolism level. If you go a long time without food or drastically cut your calorie intake, your body will go into "starvation mode" and will start burning less calories and storing more fat, because it doesn't know when it's going to get food again!
Amethyst's ideas sound much more healthy! And remember, if you do a "crash diet" like the Hollywood juice diet, you may lose some weight initially, but you can't stay on that diet forever, and you'll likely gain the weight back when you go back to eating normal food. To keep the weight off, you need a lifestyle change -- incorporate more exercise and healthy eating into your every day routine!

Hope that helps and good luck!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back