• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I Have Fallen "Totally" In Love With Ulta!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by BirthToAshes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG! I know exactly how you guys feel! I now have a new addiction! That cheetah print GWP of $40 bag was to die for! I also love the C.Booth Honey Almond Body Butter. It leaves my skin feeling so soft. It has also improved my dry "winter hands". I definitely intend to purchase a full size product of it sometime soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And what about the Prada Candy sample?! Oh my goodness! I must have this perfume!!!! The one direction was meh... but I could bathe myself in that Prada Candy XD 

New gifts with purchase alerts!!! 

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/a/Gifts-Gifts-with-Purchase/_/N-26wy?categoryId=cat930003&ciSelector=leaf

I really need to try some new skin care products... and that GWP of $50 is screaming my name!
w00t.gif
 It looks like it would be even more packed than the silver cheetah bag!
That's awesome that you were able to catch the last gwp sample bag.... it was so amazing! I want that skin care gwp so bad that I can't stop looking at it but I'm having a difficult time making up my mind what to order to get it (sadly, my indecision about things have caused me to miss out on many great freebies).... I realized how totally addicted that I am yesterday when I was trying to convince my best friend that it was okay to purchase costly eyeshadow when you can get a free gift with it. She honestly thought that I had lost my mind, lol....It's funny how easy it is to convince ourselves that we made very wise purchases because we can get a free sample bag with it. I do the same thing with coupons, buy something that I've never tried  and didn't really need but hey, I can save a whole buck on it.... my poor husband, what I put him through!

[*]   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
[*]$24.00

[*] 
[*]$24.00

• Special Free Gift with Purchase !
[*] 
[*]$50.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

•  
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$10.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

BEEN SITTING ON THIS CART since that skincare GWP came out. have yet to pull the trigger. i just wish they have better GWP for benefit. on a side note, i've been lovin benefit lately. i just acquired almost all of their products over the course of 2 months o_o i have a problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]$24.00

[*] 
[*]$24.00

[*] 
[*]$50.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

•  
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$10.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

BEEN SITTING ON THIS CART since that skincare GWP came out. have yet to pull the trigger. i just wish they have better GWP for benefit. on a side note, i've been lovin benefit lately. i just acquired almost all of their products over the course of 2 months o_o i have a problem.

I had never tried a Benefit product before the last GWP cheetah bag. I am SO happy with the Porefessional sample and the B.Right It's Potent Eye Cream. I would love to purchase these sometime in the near future. They were great!
yess.gif
 Wonder if they would qualify for the $50? 

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's awesome that you were able to catch the last gwp sample bag.... it was so amazing! I want that skin care gwp so bad that I can't stop looking at it but I'm having a difficult time making up my mind what to order to get it (sadly, my indecision about things have caused me to miss out on many great freebies).... I realized how totally addicted that I am yesterday when I was trying to convince my best friend that it was okay to purchase costly eyeshadow when you can get a free gift with it. She honestly thought that I had lost my mind, lol....It's funny how easy it is to convince ourselves that we made very wise purchases because we can get a free sample bag with it. I do the same thing with coupons, buy something that I've never tried  and didn't really need but hey, I can save a whole buck on it.... my poor husband, what I put him through!

I am so glad I did. I had never purchased anything from Ulta previously. It was a great introduction. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am very indecisive as well. I lurked on Ulta for days last time. I ended up picking up the Ocho Loco 2 from Urban Decay and Anastasia's eyebrow kit to get the freebies. I know I went a little overboard, but my brows needed some serious attention and Ocho Loco 2 is a limited edition I think. 

I have been looking into purchasing a higher end brand of skin care, but can't decide
doze.gif
 Perricone and Murad are so expensive! O.O And I'm not sure about Philosophy face products. I need a good eye cream, so I may get the Benefit one. I would also like a good moisturizer. 

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]$24.00

[*] 
[*]$24.00

[*] 
[*]$50.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

•  
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$30.00

[*] 
[*]$10.00 1 For   FREE 

[*] 
[*]$0.00

I just missed out on that GWP! 

There is a 4 hour  Strivectin kit with a 35 online purchase/

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just missed out on that GWP! 

There is a 4 hour  Strivectin kit with a 35 online purchase/
Me too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   In fact I had one in my cart when I first went to place my order but changed my mind about one of my items and by the time that I made the change on my order, the GWP was gone..... ding dang it and I had a great plan with a tiny bit of stacking and they were items, I'd been wanting for quite some time now but couldn't justify spending that much on them until this. 

I just received my Ulta order with the Bliss Bag full of skin care, it is amazing!!!  I also received the Philosophy gift and it to is great!

Ulta is really growing on me lately.

What put me over the edge: I had an issue where I had 2 rewards accounts (one online, and one in store). I sent them an email to try and get them merged and anticipated hassle because my in-store account was under my maiden name and my online one was under my married name. Sent an email, repsonse in less than 24 hours saying not a problem, your accounts have been merged, and I checked and my points balance was correct and all together in one spot!

I had a less complex issue w/ Sephora late last year (points not showing up) that took (seriously) 4 emails and 3 phone calls (with 3 different responses) to resolve, and Ulta had it done within 24 hours. Pretty sure they're going to start getting a LOT more of my money now that I've hit VIB for 2015 at Sephora and have ZERO desire to hit rouge again.

Quote: Originally Posted by BSquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ulta is really growing on me lately.

What put me over the edge: I had an issue where I had 2 rewards accounts (one online, and one in store). I sent them an email to try and get them merged and anticipated hassle because my in-store account was under my maiden name and my online one was under my married name. Sent an email, repsonse in less than 24 hours saying not a problem, your accounts have been merged, and I checked and my points balance was correct and all together in one spot!

I had a less complex issue w/ Sephora late last year (points not showing up) that took (seriously) 4 emails and 3 phone calls (with 3 different responses) to resolve, and Ulta had it done within 24 hours. Pretty sure they're going to start getting a LOT more of my money now that I've hit VIB for 2015 at Sephora and have ZERO desire to hit rouge again.

I'm glad they took care of you so fast!  The Sephora CS is definitely lacking.

My issue with Ulta is that I signed up at a store with the old points system and I used that card for points at both types of stores.  I grew up in one city, went to college in another, and now I live in a different state so I've been around both kinds of point system stores.  

I spent about $200 at Ulta in the last half of last year on Christmas presents...and I don't have credit for any of those points even now that I've supposedly been switched over.  I have zero incentive to shop there. 

Got a free Benefit wallet with Benefit purchase and free makeup 14 piece teal bag with Ulta purchase

March 9th, 2014

Ughh... disappointing variety pack samples with my Ulta order today.... ketchup packet of 100% pure body cream, foil packet of Smashbox photo finish primer and cardboard sample of Anastasia brow powder duo.... meh

Ulta is my crack as well.  I think I did pretty well w/ my haul.  I can't lie I have loved just about every Benefit product I've tried, so I pulled the trigger on their Laugh with Me Lee Lee fragrance.  (Hello, yes, I'm a citrus addict!)  I'm currently platinum thru 2015 and am banking points to get to 2000 ($125 reward).  It helps that I use their salon (hair and facials/waxing).  They just came out w/ a GWP bag!  Yay!  I needed a foundation brush and this set seemed like a good starter kit.  

What do you think?  (PS -- earned 100 points so I'm about 300 away from 2k!)

SKU:2275486.
Online Only FREE 16pc Pink Beauty Bag with any $60 Ulta.com purchase

by Variety

FREE

$0.00

SKU:2208943.
Laugh with Me Lee Lee Eau de Toilette

by Benefit Cosmetics

1.0 oz1
$36.00

SKU:2273572.
Online Only FREE Laughter Tote w/any $35 Benefit Cosmetics purchase

by Benefit Cosmetics

FREE

$0.00

SKU:2257069.
Complexion Trio Set

by Japonesque

$25.00

SKU:2269102.
Solid Brush Cleanser

by Japonesque

[SIZE=13.333333969116211px]FREE[/SIZE]

$0.00

SKU:2273839.
Summer Glam Beauty Essentials

by ULTA

$19.00

SKU:2252998.
Fragrance Sampler

by Fragrance

$0.00

• Merchandise Total:$ 80.00
  • Coupons:3.50
  • Subtotal:$76.50
  • Shipping:$ 0.00
  • Tax:$ 5.36
  • Total:$81.86
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ulta is my crack as well.  I think I did pretty well w/ my haul.  I can't lie I have loved just about every Benefit product I've tried, so I pulled the trigger on their Laugh with Me Lee Lee fragrance.  (Hello, yes, I'm a citrus addict!)  I'm currently platinum thru 2015 and am banking points to get to 2000 ($125 reward).  It helps that I use their salon (hair and facials/waxing).  They just came out w/ a GWP bag!  Yay!  I needed a foundation brush and this set seemed like a good starter kit.  

What do you think?  (PS -- earned 100 points so I'm about 300 away from 2k!)

SKU:2275486.
Online Only FREE 16pc Pink Beauty Bag with any $60 Ulta.com purchase

by Variety

FREE

$0.00

SKU:2208943.
Laugh with Me Lee Lee Eau de Toilette

by Benefit Cosmetics

1.0 oz1
$36.00

SKU:2273572.
Online Only FREE Laughter Tote w/any $35 Benefit Cosmetics purchase

by Benefit Cosmetics

FREE

$0.00

SKU:2257069.
Complexion Trio Set

by Japonesque

$25.00

SKU:2269102.
Solid Brush Cleanser

by Japonesque

[SIZE=13.333333969116211px]FREE[/SIZE]

$0.00

SKU:2273839.
Summer Glam Beauty Essentials

by ULTA

$19.00

SKU:2252998.
Fragrance Sampler

by Fragrance

$0.00

• Merchandise Total:$ 80.00
  • Coupons:3.50
  • Subtotal:$76.50
  • Shipping:$ 0.00
  • Tax:$ 5.36
  • Total:$81.86
  •  
Totally got my "fix" also, rofl!!! :wub:

Edited to add: I ordered the "Laugh With Me Lee Lee" last month and I totally adore it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back