I miss my long hair - How do I help it grow quicker?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
regular trims, scalp massage, and vitamins dont know if they have them in the states but over hair we have vitamins just for healthy Hair and nails Im sure there is similar products good luck an dyou look good in both pics in my opinion .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll second all of those who say prenatal vitamins and Biotin. Also make sure you are getting enough Omega 3 fatty acids (found in fish and flax seeds) which can help moisturize and strangthen the hair you have so it won't break off as easily. I have heard too that products with Rosemary Oil (I know Weleda puts something like this out there) help stimulate the hair follicles, but I'm honestly unsure if this is true or not! Hope that helps
smile.gif

The more natural way to improve hair growth aside from getting important supplements is to eat right, exercise, reduce stress, rest, gets lots of sleep and your are well on your way to maximizing your hair growth potential.

I think you look good with short hair. I too am in the process of letting my hair grow out to where it was bf I got my split ends cut off but it was much needed. Its just taking way tooooo long.

I'm glad of the advice in this thread too, because before shaving my head 3 months ago, my hair was halfway down my back, and I had been trying to grow it down to my bum
frown.gif

It's only an inch long now, and I'm anxious for it to grow as quickly as possible so that I'm able to cut it into a sensible style, while still being able to grow it long...I hate that 'in between' stage; it just looks horrible no matter what you do to it
frown.gif

GNC has a brand of vitamin for Skin, hair, and nails and another one called Ultra Nourish Hair. It contains MSM which is suppose to be great for hair growth. After I try it for a month, I'll let everyone know how well it works.

Originally Posted by Efel /img/forum/go_quote.gif GNC has a brand of vitamin for Skin, hair, and nails and another one called Ultra Nourish Hair. It contains MSM which is suppose to be great for hair growth. After I try it for a month, I'll let everyone know how well it works. I use the ulta nourish hair at the moment, it works so good. I think you get 1 inch per month with it.

Easy! use Nioxin shampoo and Lush's shampoo.. I can vouch they work well!

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif Easy! use Nioxin shampoo and Lush's shampoo.. I can vouch they work well! Nioxin works similarily to FAST, so even though it is a hair loss speciific line, you will get results with this also.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the ulta nourish hair at the moment, it works so good. I think you get 1 inch per month with it. Is this available to buy in the UK, does anyone know? Because I could really benefit from something like this...

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is this available to buy in the UK, does anyone know? Because I could really benefit from something like this... well it's sold at GNC and Rite aid's here in the US as well as Drugstore.com, I'm sure one of them has international shipping.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nioxin works similarily to FAST, so even though it is a hair loss speciific line, you will get results with this also. Im def not losing hair but I use it anyways and it works

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif well it's sold at GNC and Rite aid's here in the US as well as Drugstore.com, I'm sure one of them has international shipping. Cheers for that, I will look into it but last time I went to order a product from the US, the shipping cost just over twice what the product itself did
frown.gif
Which wouldn't be a problem, only I have very little money coming in and am trying to save up for something I desperately need
frown.gif

As I say, I will look into it, but just in case, do any of you UK ladies know of a local alternative that's easily available?

I agree with trying the biotin. Prenatal vitamins seem to work, they made my nails grow super fast when I was pregnant but I know your hair can get thicker from pregnancy so I'm not sure.

I would also make sure that you're eating enough protein. Your hair is made up of mostly protien. Also, try to cut down on caffiene, it can inhibit your absorbtion of iron which can make your hair fall out..

Biotin helped a lot for me. I had always had long hair, and then a couple years ago I cut it short - bob length! But I missed my long hair and mine doesn't grow all that fast. I took Biotin and it really sped the growth up - now my hair is to the top of my ribcage (just below the boobs!) and I'm haaappy!
biggrin.gif

Take vitamin supplements, especially biotin... like what everybody else has been saying, I use it & it gives awesome results for hair/skin/nails. I also recommend peppermint oil (but make sure to dilute with some water because it is pretty strong) because it stimulates your hair follicles to grow. I also recommend spraying a mixture of jojoba oil with water onto your hair; jojoba oil moisturizes your hair & decreases sebum... Excessive sebum clogs your hair follicles, which can slow growth, as well as contribute to hair loss.

The almond oil is one of the most powerful natural hair growth stimulants. Even it is not recommended to apply over the face, becouse it could stimulate the growth of unwanted hair.

Back