I need undereye circle help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have to try the bobbi brown one too You HAVE to!! It's never cakey and the coverage is great!!

I don't know about dark circles too much (except that the concealer needs to be put at the bottom of the darkness, so that it blends in with the rest of the skin), but for puffy eyes, castor oil does the trick BIG time.

Just put some castor oil under and above your eyes before going to bed and no puffiness in the morning.
rockwoot.gif

I too am pale skinned with dark eyes and hair! And I've had dark circles for as long as I can remember LOL I gave up on looking for the perfect undereye concealer because there is no such thing...I find that when I find a concealer that perfectly camouflages my dark circles, they end up making my eyes look crepe-y and creasy (I don't even have wrinkles yet), even after having moisturized before hand. When I use a liquid eye concealer that glides on smoothly without getting my lower lids creasy, they almost never conceal the darkness. So I tried focusing on treating my dark circles and then sticking to a liquid concealer blended together with a little bit of peach color correcter (Bobbi Brown has some really good correctors but they're too expensive for me, so I use Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light which works just as well when dabbed under the eyes and around the corners).

The posters have all shared such wonderful tips! Here are a few of mine:

1) Prep and tone your eyes before putting on make up. I place wet tea bags (I use organic green tea) on my eyes for 10mins to freshen them eyes up and reduce any puffiness.

2) Moisturize before applying eye make up/concealer...look for a good eye cream that works as a good make up base and won't cause your eye make up to crease of flake off.

3) Once or twice a week I treat my face to a milk mask, I use organic milk powder and mix it with some water to form a paste then apply it all over my face (including the eye area), then I wait for 10-15mins before washing off. If your dark circles are the pigmented type, this will help in lightening them due to the lactic acid in the milk. I moisturize my eyes heavily afterwards. It has worked wonders on my complexion and has helped lighten my undereyes, I don't need to wear as much concealer under my eye, just my Olay Total Effect eye cream (which has light reflecting particles that subtly neutralizes any darkness).

4) Drink lots of water, maintain a healthy diet and get enough beauty sleep (atleast during the weekends
biggrin.gif
)

5) Make up tip: a poster mentioned this, yes I too use a white eye pencil to line my inner lower lids, it brightens up your eyes immediately!

6) I read somewhere that Jennifer Aniston helps to hide her dark undereye bags by lightly brushing over them with a neutral yellow toned eyeshadow as a final step in her make up routine.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by bellagia /img/forum/go_quote.gif try using a concealer with an orange/reddish undertone to cover dark circles. ITA. I love Laura Merciers Secret Concealer #2. It is more of a peachy tone that looks DARK in the pot but blends BEAUTIFULLY with my skintone.
biggrin.gif
(MAC NW 20)

Back