I really like coral/peachy lip shades! do you have any you'd recommend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago I went out of my comfort zone and tried a new lip color: peachy/coral! I have always stayed away from this color because I distinctly remember my grandmother wearing it thickly and slightly askew so I never had a very flattering opinion of the color. But I saw the color maybe on a couple of people here and elsewhere and saw a lot of brands offering nice products in this color so I thought I'd give it a try. The first one I got was Tarte double dose berry boost gloss in Acerola Rush, then Tarte lipsurgence in Joy, when I saw Fresh had a brand new Sugar lip treatment in Coral, I couldn't say no..Just today I picked up a brow zings at Ulta just to get the free gift with purchase: cha cha lip/cheek stain, bad girl lash and pore balm. I like the color of the cha cha but I'm not sure I like the "stain", it seems drying to me.

Anyone else in love with peach or coral lips? What do you have in your stash?

One of my all time favorite coral lipsticks is Maybelline's Coral Crush. It's so bright and pretty, and you can layer it on for a really bright or vibrant color, or you can gently blot it on your lips for a very subtle hint of color. 

MUFE Rouge Artist Natural in N35 is my new favorite. It's such a pretty coral.

The coral your Grandmother wore was a white based all the colors today are brown based so they always look great, you will never have that OLD look.

Warm tones look great on every one as long as they are alive.

I just have to second the Korres, this stuff is amazing.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in 45 Coral!! Love this stuff!
I'll have to check this out..

I LOVE Maybelline Coral Crush also!

I've been into mixing colors now, since I invested in OCC liptars and MAC lipmix. The yellow ones from either make it easy to turn a red/pink into a coral/orange.

I know your apprehension with coral. It's a tough one to get right! For my skin tone I've found that Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss me Coral- #750 works great. I think there's a perfect coral for every skin shade, it's just a matter of trying on different ones!

And I LOVE this coral lipstick on this raven haired beauty:

(picture via pinterest.com)

I just looked at a  swatch of the Korres Mango Coral 45, really nice, I might have to put that on the shopping list..

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just looked at a  swatch of the Korres Mango Coral 45, really nice, I might have to put that on the shopping list..
you won't regret it! it's not super cheap but it lasts nicely on your lips and doesn't dry them out and it's just the perfect consistency, in my opinion! i love this lippie!!

I picked up the Korres in Coral, Bite Color and shine to go at Sephora and Lipstick queen Medieval and chinatown glossy pencil in crime. OK, OK, most of these are not corals, but the first one is and the rest, well, I needed $50 to get my free shipping and the Bite Color and Shine sample kit had good reviews. I was getting anxious for my BBjune box and succumbed to some lip stuff on there too.

I am obsessed with peach lips!  My HG peach color is Revlon colorburst lip butter peach parfait! For coral lipstick, I love Maybelline Color sensational Coral Lustre! You should check them out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up the Korres in Coral, Bite Color and shine to go at Sephora and Lipstick queen Medieval and chinatown glossy pencil in crime. OK, OK, most of these are not corals, but the first one is and the rest, well, I needed $50 to get my free shipping and the Bite Color and Shine sample kit had good reviews. I was getting anxious for my BBjune box and succumbed to some lip stuff on there too.
Let us knwo how you like the Korres lippie!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I purchased a YSL lip color in "peach passion" last year, that I love.  I did not realize I would like peach tones, until I saw a YT tutorial where someone used this exact lipstick.

I LOVE the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm in Rendezvous! It was SUPER hard to come by (I went to 8 stores to finally locate the LAST one) but with the help of other makeup junkies, Ulta.com had them for bogo1/2 off! 

Originally Posted by mizzbehavin13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am obsessed with peach lips!  My HG peach color is Revlon colorburst lip butter peach parfait! For coral lipstick, I love Maybelline Color sensational Coral Lustre! You should check them out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just picked up the Revlon lip butter in peach parfait, $6.16 at Target. Its nice but very sheer, with some sparkle/glitter in it. I DO like that it doesn't have any detectable taste or smell. I tested some Boots gloss while I was there, pretty color but the smell was sickening.

I'm sure my Korres and Bite lippys have arrived from Sephora, unfortunately I'm working in Maryland this week (I live in Pennsylvania).

On the drugstore side... NYX Round Lipsticks. Try Eros or Haute Melon. There is also Peach Bellini, Femme and Miracle to try. All on sale at ULTA right now - buy 1 ($3.99), get 1 50% off ($2) plus if you get four ($11.97) you can use the $3.50 off $10 coupon and buy four for $8.47 (before applicable tax).

Originally Posted by mizzbehavin13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree that the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait is soooo nice! I love it.

Latest posts

Back