I rolled my eyes so hard at this, Elle and Blair are getting a reality series

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, so these are the infamous sisters, i heard the same comments about them and their reviews somewhere.

I say good for them, let's hope it lasts.

I just found out who these girls are, I don't think they are that spectacular and are kind of boring and blah. It seems like everyone can get their own reality show these days.

I watched Blair,

but she said she wasn't getting paid.

Now im annoyed for liking her, she lied. D:

So I decided to watch some of Blair's videos yesterday because I was bored. In one video she was talking about how awesome NYX products are and how she only uses them on a daily basis and when she goes out she reaches for her NYX cosmetics. From earlier videos we know both her and her sister have very extensive MAC collections. You want me to believe that now all they use is NYX and let their MAC products collect dust? Another funny thing I noticed was when I was watching some of Blair's favorites videos. I think only ONE time has she mentioned a NYX jumbo eye pencil as a favorite of the month. Usually it is things like Nars foundation, Lancome mascara, Laura Mercier primer, Too Faced palettes and Tarina Tarantino eyeliner. Last I checked none of those companies was comparable to NYX.

Well they are being paid by NYX.  I saw their faces on the NYX jumbo pencil display at the drugstore.  I personally never seen one of their videos I only know about them because people are always saying they dont like them or that the are fake.  I say let them have fun while it lasts! Good for them.

I don't hate them but I think its ridiculous that they are now getting a reality show. I don't think they are very genuine and they don't really do tutorials anymore, just product reviews which they are obviously getting paid for but still say they are not. I think that there are far more genuine, honest and more talented people out there on Youtube which don't get half as much publicity as these two. I don't understand the hype with them and their tutorials are nothing to get excited about. I don't understand it at all.

I don't know who they are, but honestly (and no offense to any teen posters on here)...

When I think back to my high school days and experience with makeup...I'd rather go to a professional who has been an MUA for 5+ years than a 17 year old for advice.  That and I don't know how much somebody who is still in the midst of puberty would know about skin care and such, or deal with the worries about budgeting for various tiers of makeup.  (At that age, you either can't afford anything...or your parents are footing the bill for everything.)

Maybe that's just me since "back in my day..." high school was the first time people started experimenting with makeup and just learning how to use it and what it was, which means...there is no way in hell I'd ever ask my 17 year old self advice on make up...

(I suppose if you're 14 though, that the 17 year old is a genius?)

Umm yeah. One of the reasons why I left makeuptalk.com (no offense to anyone here) was because I was so sick of hearing about YouTube and videos about makeup. Sure, I have made some very crappy videos and still shot tutorials myself, I am even a beauty blogger who creates tutorials all the time, but I was shocked to see how people with very little makeup experience and technique were held on a pedestal and even granted their own makeup lines through big brand companies. I agree.. it is a "teen thing" and I also think that YouTube hits can be purchased just to make it look like the videos are popular .. and teens follow (usually) whatever is popular. I personally don't want to learn from anyone on YouTube unless it is Petrilude because he is a true makeup artist with actual skill and class. If anyone deserves fame, it should be him.

Back