I think I found my HG

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Mystica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Colorstay in combination smells like paint to me and makes my skin texture look awful and seems to suck all life out of my skin and make me looked so aged.  I'm 33, so maybe 20-somethings can handle it, but I cannot, however.  The coverage is pretty good though, but that doesn't mean much to me if it makes my skin look worse than it was before I applied it.

The ELDW is the same problem, it makes my skin look like it's dying and needs a medic asap.  It doesn't smell like paint, but it has the same problem as the Colorstay in that it makes my skin look seriously ill and old.

If coverage is what you're after, then I  found the lancome tient idole ultra 24 to have better coverage than both ELDW and Revlon Colorstay, and have a really pretty, flawless finish.  It's not my HG, but I do keep it on hand for when I need extra coverage and staying power (water/sweat-proof) in my foundation.
I love how the ELDW makes my skin look, and am happy with how Colorstay makes my skin look. It's not quite as good as the DW, but it's pretty close, and 1/3-1/4 of the price, plus is a better color match. I'm only 22 though, so my skin, other than having a few blemishes here and there, and a decent amount of dark acne scarring, is pretty good.

I don't find the Colorstay in either formula to have too much of a smell...I mean, I guess it's a bit paint-like, but it's not bad IMO.

I love the coverage ELDW and Revlon Coverstay give because it covers up my spots, but still looks very natural (especially Colorstay). I might try to get a sample of the Lamcome one you suggested though, since as I said, I'm a complete product junkie!

Just curious, what color were you matched with in the ELDW? I usually have to mix my foundations to get the perfect color and I am interested to know the Estee Lauder mixing equivalent of Revlon Colorstay in Caramel.

Originally Posted by ccjai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious, what color were you matched with in the ELDW? I usually have to mix my foundations to get the perfect color and I am interested to know the Estee Lauder mixing equivalent of Revlon Colorstay in Caramel.
I was matched as 5N2 Amber Honey (or Honey Amber lol). And like I said, the ELDW is ruddier than the Revlon Colorstay.

Back