I think I'm going to quit wearing mascara on a regular basis.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont use mascara at all because i dont like the way it feels. I must be honest and say i have long lashes anyway.

Loss of eyelashes could be a hormonal issue. Maybe if you have started a new birth control or medication recently? I noticed that after I had my son my eyelashes were not what they once were!
frown.gif

fortifying primer might help, it may be the brand of mascara, as some are better than others..i definately couldn't stop wearing it 24/7...maybe try like every other day ?

Originally Posted by bananahammock /img/forum/go_quote.gif Loss of eyelashes could be a hormonal issue. Maybe if you have started a new birth control or medication recently? I noticed that after I had my son my eyelashes were not what they once were!
frown.gif
My lower lashes look about the same as they always did though (except for maybe once or twice in my life, I never put mascara on my lower lashes).

ever since the post, i've stopped wearing mascara when i can help it so my eyelashes will hopefully grow up. now that i look at it, my eyelashes have steadily gotten smaller since i started wearing mascara.

I don't wear mascara on a daily basis, only once awhile. I have my eyelashes and eyebrows dyed every two weeks. I also wear glasses so I don't think it makes that much difference.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif ever since the post, i've stopped wearing mascara when i can help it so my eyelashes will hopefully grow up. now that i look at it, my eyelashes have steadily gotten smaller since i started wearing mascara. Interesting. I'm sorry that happened to you too.
frown.gif
At least now I don't feel alone in my eyelash/mascara issue.
lol.gif

i would definitely suggest getting a conditioning/strengthening primer. I have the same problem when i don't use one.

^ Really? I wonder if that could be the answer to my problem! I've never tried one b/c I thought they would just weigh my lashes down & damage them even more. Can anyone recommend a good lash primer for me? Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^ Really? I wonder if that could be the answer to my problem! I've never tried one b/c I thought they would just weigh my lashes down & damage them even more. Can anyone recommend a good lash primer for me? Thanks in advance!
smile.gif
I would recommend Missha's base mascara. It's a Korean brand and they have some stores in New York. It's 4.99 and awesome. Clinique has a new one out that i've heard is quite good but i haven't tried it yet

i hardly ever wear mascara for that exact same reason. when i do i try to blot it off with my makeup remover and a cotton ball. it takes longer but is easier on the lashes, but i do still sometimes have a couple come off, i think it's just from putting the mascara on the lashes(they're so delicate), that and curling(even though i use my finger). but when i go w/o for awhile they get longer and thicker.

Originally Posted by korina981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would recommend Missha's base mascara. It's a Korean brand and they have some stores in New York. It's 4.99 and awesome. Clinique has a new one out that i've heard is quite good but i haven't tried it yet Thanks!

I always leave mascara off whenever I can. I think mascara can dry them out, and I definitely notice them coming out when I use eye makeup remover.

I've never heard your 'diet' can be a result of losing hair. Sounds odd! Anyway, a few of my aunts have lost their eyelashes and they never grew back. They use fake eyelashes and they look great.

I know that when I use some brands of mascara they dry really hard. Especially waterproof mascaras and when I try and take the mascara off its a pain in the arse so I end up trying to pick the mascara off and it pulls out eyelashes. So its not the mascara its self but maybe the way you take the mascara off. I have been using a makeup remover which helps quite a bit but it sometimes is a tedious process.

I would suggest trying a makeup remover and taking the cloth or maybe a cotton pad to where you can just sort of gently grab at the eyelashes with the makeup remover on the pad and try and gently work the mascara off.

Back