I thought taking a bath would help me...I thought wrong.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that was a pretty cute story. I can understand your fears, I am terrified of spiders - the bigger the more I want to freak out.

I like reptiles a lot - actually had a salamander and a newt in my younger days. I would bring them out to play when I had visitors. This one guy wouldn't touch them and started to look like he was going to pass out, so I put them away.

awww, poor you! poor gecko! as you say, it would have been fine if he hadn't been in the bath with you, but swimming around while you're half asleep is a little bit creepy!

Maybe like the other girls said, it just fell off your towel. Still, EEP!

I once had a lizard in my hair... that was pretty creepy, I could feel it's little feet pattering around in my hair

It sounds creepy having a lizard having a bath with you. At least you discovered it after you finished your bath, not during.

Karren, you are hilarious! LMAO

MissElaine, I'm so sorry that gecko freaked you out. Sounds like the time I found the snake staring at me in my living room. AHHH! LOL I see those geckos all of the time outside. They are actually not native to Houston, they were brought here accidentally awhile back and populated. I don't remember exactly from where.

What part of Houston are you in?
smile.gif

haha Thanks everyone for the loving support. Y'll are the best.
wink.gif

I had my boyfriend go in the bathroom earlier this evening to hunt for it and he found him! Still hanging out in my tub! So he picked it up and goes "Ooops. There goes his tail." UGH. Not what I wanted in the tub. The bloody tail of the gecko that tried to kill me. Luckily he took care of that mess too. SO. Here's to no more geckos in my bathroom!
smile.gif

KristieTX - I live a couple miles away from NASA. How about you?

I'm sure he was just hanging out on your towel. Since I moved to Texas I have been waiting for a slimey something to crawl on me, lol. Glad the good ol' boyfriend took care of him for you!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Holy Gwock! That would have scared the living hell out of me, I know exactly how you feel, I had the same sort of feeling having a spider on my face last week! Your poor darling
frown.gif
I hope you start feeling better soon! I was just thinking about your experience!! I would've definitely freaked out as well. I'm sure you'll check the tub from now on
wink.gif
?

He just wanted to take a nice relaxing bath with you! Poor guy! lol...j/k.

I would have freaked, too.

I haven't seen any geckos here. Just lots and lots of lizards. My cat catches them and tries to bring them inside. Every once in awhile, he's able to get inside with one. We usually find a lizard head on the ground the next day...

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did he try to sell you car insurance??? lol Karren - you crack me up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I would have freaked out. I'm glad your boyfriend took care of it.

I'm just like that: not girly when I see them on the wall, but completely afraid if I see them close to me. Try to find something to lock the drain while you are not using the tub.

I'm kind of glad now that the only animals I find in my bathroom are silverfish.... :-o i really hate them though..

At least he wasn't one of the almost totally clear ones. Those ones freak me out. When I lived in a house, we would have like 20 or 25 geckos huddling around our front door at night...and when we opened the door, they would try to run in LOL so it was like, we would open the door, run in, and shut it as fast as we could.

Originally Posted by MissElaine /img/forum/go_quote.gif KristieTX - I live a couple miles away from NASA. How about you? I was just around NASA a few weekends ago on my way to Galveston. I live in Northwest Houston, 1960/Jones Rd. area.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was just around NASA a few weekends ago on my way to Galveston. I live in Northwest Houston, 1960/Jones Rd. area.
smile.gif
That's awesome! All of my extended family lives up that way. It's funny that we all live in Houston, but we only see one another a few times a year! Meh, that's how it goes I guess.
heart.gif

Back