I threw away all my nailpolishes...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick tip on how to preserve nail polish from becoming gooey:

Add a couple of drops of nail polish remover, shake and then place your nail polish in

a bowl of hot water for about 15 min. (bain-marie)

You should get a much softer consistency.

anymore i just keep the basic colors i wear : red, pink, dark purple, black, & a coral. i don't buy new ones unless there is a color i really want & i think i'll wear it.

*i hate how some colors look good in the bottle then they look different when you paint your nails! argh huge pet peeve lol

you were to do so, i agree a nail polish stash has to be small, i probably have 10, but some might join the garbage soon, so after i will only own 5 or 6.

Yeah, not all polishes are created equally. I have had some last 2 years and others last 5+ (I notice the Avon ones I got years ago have lasted forever and still have the same consistency as when I first got them!). I just store them in cool, dark areas upright as well. I used to have near 100 bottles, but I did give a friend a good portion after sorting through them. I now have probably about 20 that I use off and on. I find that to be a good amount even for me.

I have about 15 nail polishes, but I don't throw them out. If I'm bored with some color, I usually exchange it with one of my friends. Or simply give it to someone. I can't throw out anything, it's horrible...

I just gave away about 15 bottles to my coworker to give to her 4 year old daughter for christmas. When it comes to choosing colors if I like a color, but I'm ALWAYS liking another color better, they end up sitting there until they separate. figured i might as well make more room in my cabinet.

granted I work with my nail tech, but I buy polish constantly,and I just leave it with her. I mostly just want the colors the one time anyway, so if someone else gets some use out of it, that's great too!

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif tips for storing for best life? Storing them in the fridge is supposed to make them last longer. My mom always did it, but I haven't done it with mine. They are too many and don't want to mix them where I store my food.

Back