I WANNA GO PLAT BLONDE BUT I HAVE RED UNDERTONE. HOW DO I DO IT?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay i wanna go platinum blonde but i have red undertone. should i just bleach it or should i have to strip out the red undertone before i bleach it? i really need some advice/suggestions.

If you want to go platinum blonde and if your profile photo is any indication, definitely consult with a professional stylist. As it is, you'll be stripping so much color from your hair and can really damage it by using an at home bleach kit. Bleach alone isn't going to get you to platinum.

Yeah, if your hair is as dark as it looks in the picture, I'd go to a salon. I've been dying my hair for years. I went from blonde to dark to blonde again. When I tried to go to blonde from dark, it turned flaming red!! I spent more money trying to fix it than I would have if I just originally got it done. Plus it damaged my hair BADLY.

It depends on your natural color. Mine is dark- I'm between a 5-6 level. Because of this, I naturally pull lots of gold. I have been doing my hair platinum for a few years now, and only go to the salon. What works to keep longevity for me, is to have them do a heavy toner (I think that's what it is), at the end. I leave with a violet-tint, but it eventually washes out, leaving me with a silvery-white.

I agree with the previous posters. Sometimes the best bet is to go to a professional. And not some "Cheap Snip Hair Cutters" - Go to a high end salon where the stylists are professionally trained and know exactly how to deal with you hair type and colour. This way you can walk out with the results you are looking for. 

Latest posts

Back