If you have good skin, which is better-mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I've heard that the tinted moisturizers that have decent coverage just feel like light liquid foundations, but then most mineral foundations need primers (which usually aren't light as a tinted moisturizers, correct?). I've only tried one TM, & 2 mineral foundations so I'm really not sure. What do you guys think? Thanks so much in advance.

Reaction score
I personally prefer mineral makeup because it lasts all day if used with a good primer; and tinted moisturizer doesn't... At least on my face anyways!

Reaction score
I use both lol. I get extra coverage but i go really light on the mineral foundation. Its more like setting the TM.

Reaction score
On days when I don't need a full face of makeup, but just want to enhance my skin's natural glow, I just moisturise and leave for a few minutes untill completely sunk in, then add one layer of mineral foundation and one layer of finishing powder. It gives me a pretty, healthy look to my skin and makes me seem completely flawless. I've even just worn finishing powder and still had people asking me what it was that I did to my skin recently as it was looking so healthy and flawless...

In reality, my skin is ok I guess, but I do have a couple of scars (they are pink and patchy) on my left cheekbone and temple due to a nasty fall (I fainted) last year. Even when I just wear my finishing powder it diminishes the look of the scars significantly.

Reaction score
Both for me. I made my own tinted moisturiser using MMU.

Reaction score
I think that if you mix them together you will get a full coverage.

the tinted moistoizer is giving you a smooth skin..this is not have a coverage at all.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard that the tinted moisturizers that have decent coverage just feel like light liquid foundations, but then most mineral foundations need primers (which usually aren't light as a tinted moisturizers, correct?). I've only tried one TM, & 2 mineral foundations so I'm really not sure. What do you guys think? Thanks so much in advance.
Hello,Mineral Makeup is a natural mineral supplement for your skin. It does not clog your pores, helps heal acne, is anti-inflammatory and is recommended by surgeons and dermatologists worlwide. Just make sure there is no Bismuth Oxychloride. It is found in many mineral makeup companies and is kin to arsenic.

Reaction score
I have tried tinted moisturizers and I don`t really like them. I would much rather use mm.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phylly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried tinted moisturizers and I don`t really like them. I would much rather use mm. me too!now i have found MM i am NEVER going back - its a whole new world !

Reaction score
Originally Posted by charmgirl7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif mmu is better. it will preserve your good skin. Yes, I agree. MMU is way better. Also, liquids tend to feel a bit heavier on the skin than MMU.

Reaction score
i never use a primer for mmu. i only use toner and moisturizer. if you only need a very light coverage, try every minerals' in original glo formula. it adds just a tiny bit of coverage and give your skin that glowy look. hth!

Reaction score
I prefer MM. Tinted mositurizer seems to make me oily. The MM evens out my skin tone and looks flawless.

Reaction score
Since you really don't need much coverage, I would say if you are prone to oily skin - go with the MMU, because most of them help to control that...if you are prone to dry or even just noraml skin, go with the tinted!

Latest posts