I'm a little scared...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
because I had a mole removed from my face this week.
10.gif
It was on my cheek near my nose and I noticed it seemed to be getting a little bigger lately. I go to the Derm every 6 months for a skin check (thank God for Health Insurance) because I have so many moles and I've had to have a pre-cancerous mole removed from my back years ago. And I asked him about it. He said it did look a little abnormal and he wanted to biopsy. So now I have this hole in my face kind of. I'm trying to keep antibiotic ointment on it and get it to heal quicker. I'm nervous about a couple things: One, do I have skin cancer and two, am I going to have a scar on my face?
scared.gif

I'm supposed to get the results the middle of next week. So...wish me luck ladies and gents.

I also had to have a mole removed from my cheek. It´s been about 6 months since, no skin cancer and no hole! I applied a scar cream (Mederma) on the hole as soon as the skin had healed, and I did microdermabrasion on it too. My skin is completely back to normal now!

Kathy. I'm sorry you have to go through this. You may or may not have a scar. My grandmother has skin cancers removed all the time but I cant see her scars too much unless I am really, really close and she doesn't have makeup on either. Most skin cancers are harmless. I had one taken off my belly that looked like melanoma but thankfully was not. That is the one you ave to worry about, but they are usually larger with very irregular borders and variations in color. Here are pics of melanoma:

melanoma.jpg

Thanks all! Andi, I'm hoping my experience will be as good as yours was!!

Kelly, it really didn't look like any of those. It was kind of a raised bump and fleshy colored. He thinks it's probably okay, but it was growing for some reason. So...I'll update everyone when I hear next week.

I hope its nothing serious, sorry about the scar, let's just hope to hear good news next week

Ohh I' sorry to hear this Kathy, but I hope everything will be all right.

Now I'm scared of sending you some samples lol. Keep us posted!

I hope it all works out okay!

The face normally heals really fast, so you shouldn't have a scar. My Dad has had heaps of skin cancers removed from his face, and none of them left a scar.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! I just got off the phone with the Dr. and he said it's a "compound nevus", which I guess means it was a multi-layered mole, but it's NOT cancer!! Phew!! Thank God! Now...I just have to hope it heals okay. It's looking okay, but there is still like a dent in my face. The rim of my glasses hides it though, so no one has even noticed it! Thanks again!

Apply a scar cream to prevent the scar and check for skin cancer with a dermatologist. Make sure to apply the sunscreen!!

sorry to here about the mole i have had several skin cancer's removed and so far no noticeable scars good luck

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! I just got off the phone with the Dr. and he said it's a "compound nevus", which I guess means it was a multi-layered mole, but it's NOT cancer!! Phew!! Thank God! Now...I just have to hope it heals okay. It's looking okay, but there is still like a dent in my face. The rim of my glasses hides it though, so no one has even noticed it! Thanks again! That's wonderful news! Just be gentle with the area and take care of it. You should be fine.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back