I'm not big about being noticed . . .

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you work in retail, it's very easy to pick up on the habits of customers. Most people aren't trying to be nosey when they make comments like that, more like making conversation.

Brandi, I kind of feel the same way, I bought a dress one day in male mode at a small dress shop, got chatting to the sales assistant, told her about me. Felt really comfortable about the whole experence, she was most helpful. Anyway I went back there to the same store and a different sales lady was there that day, she was nice too, but something came up and she knew my christian name and mentioned the other SA had mentioned me. It made me feel uncomfortable knowing I was the subject of gossip. Enough gossip for her to know my name.

I think it's kind of cool. I'm sure I'd remember someone if I saw them as often as they see you.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have had jobs that deal with the public. When I see the same face a few times and they are a pleasure to assist, they definately stick out in my mind. ditto!
i do it at work a lot, but i never say stuf like, "didn't you just have a baby?" i always make friendly chit-chat and always greet the regulars differently since i've seen them a few times. i didn't see anything was wrong with it and all of them always loved that i remember them.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh wow, I didn't know that Brandi had six ears. Actually, Brandi you do purchase a lot of deli meat. Also when you frequent the same stores the people will remember you. You are their, if you will excuse the pun, bread and butter (at least in the Wal-Mart lady's case). Part of their job is to remember things about you and to make friendly chit-chat. I completely agree. I work in customer service and everytime a customer comes in, I do my best to remember their name and what goes on their lives as we chit chat. We've heard stories that you just couldn't imagine!

We have certain customers whose names I can never remember but they remember everything about me. They'll ask, "Hows your son" and I'm sometimes left completely lost. When did I talk to this stranger about him? Of course I do have several pictures of him at my desk and they always ask about him.

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif They'll ask, "Hows your son" and I'm sometimes left completely lost. When did I talk to this stranger about him? Of course I do have several pictures of him at my desk and they always ask about him. Lol, I remember one customer @ the service desk asked me if I had my baby already... I was like wtf?? It was weird cause I don't remember being pregnant lol. I had no idea who she was mistaking me for cause no one at works looks like me
kopfkratz.gif

She was nice though.

At least you get noticed!! Where I live now, its like I'm just another face...I really miss the small town intimacy. LOL.

I guess if I were the deli worker i would remeber you too for buying that much cold cuts. I have never seen people buy over a pound and I'm at the deli counter every week at shoprite. So if I saw you buying two pounds or more I would remeber you too...lol
smile.gif

hahaha you're memorable!!!

I work at a cafe and whenever the regular customers come in I always know what they're going to get. and I almost got to the point of remembering their phone numbers for the memberships ~ lol but I won't admit it.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Now that is creapy!! Maybe they have no life so to speak and a photographic memory? Lol. I hate it when people know about me and I have no clue who they are... My wife says I'm oblivious to anything going on in the real world.. .......... Huh? What was the question again? Lol Ohhh, child!My best friend has accused me of that for YEARS!!

She will start a story like, " Do you remember that guy when we went to that party in Pioneer Square last year.... Oh wait. No you don't..." and go to drag out a picture to either remind me or prove to me that in fact, there was a guy at some party, lol!!

Or someone will walk up to me and say something like, "I see you're not working the seeds today (I merchandise for Burpee seeds), just shopping are you?" and I'll look at them like they lost they damn mind until they point out that they work at one of the stores I merchandise in!!
laughing.gif

Back