I'm really scared...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I recently went in for a PAP smear and the results came back bad. I had to go in for a biopsy (which was really painful and uncomfortable BTW). The doc said that they are gonna wait to get back the results but just from what she saw they are probably gonna have to operate. This is giving me serious anxiety. The Doc said that the success rate of the surgery is very good, especially if its early but I cant help but feel so overwhelmed. Has anyone here or anyone you know gone though this? They say that the survival rate for cervical cancer is almost 100% but I still feel so scared and I don't know what to make of all this. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Oh honey dont be scared, your doctor is correct. Caught in the early stages, cervical cancer is totally curable and you will get through it. Be careful in the future
smile.gif

I don't have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that here at MUT you have lots of support and people to talk to.

I'm so sorry about your bad news and I hope everything goes well. If you havent got results from the biopsy yet then don't panic, it might be a benign cancer.

Please keep us updated, and I know it sounds lame but try not to worry until you absolutely have to.
hug.gif

I don't have any advice either but like Rosie said, I hope everything goes well and not to worry until you absolutely have to!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh honey dont be scared, your doctor is correct. Caught in the early stages, cervical cancer is totally curable and you will get through it. Be careful in the future
smile.gif
Thanks, I've never been operated on before and I don't like strangers fiddling with my "lady parts" so I think I'm still in shock. I hope the surgery does the trick and it doesnt come back...

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that here at MUT you have lots of support and people to talk to.
I'm so sorry about your bad news and I hope everything goes well. If you havent got results from the biopsy yet then don't panic, it might be a benign cancer.

Please keep us updated, and I know it sounds lame but try not to worry until you absolutely have to.
hug.gif

Thanks dearie you are always very sweet and I appreciate all the support you guys give me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have any advice either but like Rosie said, I hope everything goes well and not to worry until you absolutely have to! I'm trying not to but the doctor was so incredibly vague that I don't know what to think. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

I never had cervical cancer, but I have had a D&C before, didnt feel a thing I had a hot ass anethesiologist that talked me to sleep i woke up, bleeding a litle bit, but I was ok. I was scared too, and was so glad when i woke up, I wanted to get up and walk around and the nurse was looking at me crazy!!! As far as people seeing my lady parts, it was cool, cause they were fixing them, lol.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never had cervical cancer, but I have had a D&C before, didnt feel a thing I had a hot ass anethesiologist that talked me to sleep i woke up, bleeding a litle bit, but I was ok. I was scared too, and was so glad when i woke up, I wanted to get up and walk around and the nurse was looking at me crazy!!! As far as people seeing my lady parts, it was cool, cause they were fixing them, lol. Its comforting to hear that you had a good experience. I'm not very trusting of my healthcare provider so I always go to the extreme like someone leaving a pair of scissors or a sponge in me. But you have a good perspective, I should find peace in the fact that they are going to do what they can to fix it

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont really know what to say, but I will be praying for you Thats very sweet, thank you for your good vibes
smile.gif

I hope everything goes well... I'll say a prayer too. You're lucky it was caught early.

If you do not have the biopsy back the chances are just as good that it is benign. I had abnormal paps twice and biopsied twice and each time cryo which can be done in the office if they are abnormal cells but not cancerous. Let us know when you get the results. I understand your anxiety but try to relax until you know something for sure. I know it's scary.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you do not have the biopsy back the chances are just as good that it is benign. I had abnormal paps twice and biopsied twice and each time cryo which can be done in the office if they are abnormal cells but not cancerous. Let us know when you get the results. I understand your anxiety but try to relax until you know something for sure. I know it's scary. Well she said just by looking at it that it wasnt good. I that made me really nervous. She made it sound like the whole thing was bad...

my coworker had this operation done not too long ago. it's not so bad, be sure to let your body get better before doing anything. they did the operation as a prevention, she actually came back negative for cancer cells.

You'll be fine. It's scary, but it's not as bad as it sounds like it's going to be.

I had grade 2 cancerous cells, got them burnt off, it was okay. And one of my friends has just had the same thing, but she had hers taken out with a cone biopsy, and she was fine too. They pick it up abnormal cells really early when you get regular pap smears, so they have a great chance of getting rid of them all.

I had to have a pap test every year for 10 years after I had my surgery, but they've all been fine, and I've been clear for 13 years now.

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif You'll be fine. It's scary, but it's not as bad as it sounds like it's going to be.I had grade 2 cancerous cells, got them burnt off, it was okay. And one of my friends has just had the same thing, but she had hers taken out with a cone biopsy, and she was fine too. They pick it up abnormal cells really early when you get regular pap smears, so they have a great chance of getting rid of them all.

I had to have a pap test every year for 10 years after I had my surgery, but they've all been fine, and I've been clear for 13 years now.

Its good to hear from someone who has had the experience! It makes me feel a lot better, in fact all of you have
biggrin.gif

I had noncancerous breast tumors removed 1/07. I know how scared you feel, please IM or PM me! I am sending healthy vibes your way!

I will be thinking about you and you will be in my prayers. I have read that catching it early is the best thing. That is why everyone should have an annual pap.

As far as the doc being vague, if you are not comfortable get to a new doctor ASAP. I did that when I was pregnant with my twins because I was having complications and it was the best decision I made for me and myself. This is your health, and it is the most important thing. Take care.

Xexu you are getting very good advice here, all i can add is stay strong and positive, concentrate in the fact that you are fortunate enough to deal with this early yes it will be uncomfortable and nerve racking for a while but in the end it will be for the better, everything will be alright!
hugss.gif

I had precancerous cells in my cervix. Had 2/3 of it, and it's since grown back. How crazy is it that the cervix grows back like a starfish's arm/leg?! Anywho! My surgery went just fine, and I haven't had any issues since, and I had a daughter afterwards. That was almost 10 years ago too! So, if 10 years ago I made it out just fine, then I can only believe you will as well since medicine/surgical procedures have most likely gotten better since then! I did lose a 10% chance of getting pregnant again, but I got pregnant (even after another surgery for something else caused me to lose another 30% chance of getting pregnant again). I wish you the best, and I suggest trying not to flip out too much about it. If you trust your doctor's opinion and practices, then you should know you're in safe hands! Best of luck sweetie!
hug.gif

My mom had cervical cancer when I was 3, they caught it in the early stages and she opted to have an emergency hysterectomy since she wasn't planning on any more kids. The surgery went fine and she's been cancer free since. Just try to relax or you'll make yourself sick worrying so much. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back