I'm Starting To Slip Into Depression Again

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
It doesn't help looking at all the sexy bodies of lady celebs especially the ones in their 20's etc they are the sexiest

I think I hate being a women

 
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
0
Ya know sometimes when I see the "younger" women on here, I feel a little haggy. I don't feel my age though and sometimes I don't act it, but Ricci I think you are beautiful and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. If I don't have anything to say to someone I just don't post. It's easy for us to compare ourselves to other women....Especially when we are "surrounded" by them here. Sometimes I think "Gawd they must wonder why this old chick is on here all the time". Honestly though, I feel better when I visit my online "friends". I'm still just a girl when it comes down to it. Just an older version. I hope you get this out of your head. I love your posts cuz you don't hold back. Sorry, I tend to ramble.

 
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
Thanks hun! Im really trying .. I know if I loose more weight I will be fine

 
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
0
bahhhh......... I've been on a diet since I was 5. I think we all have those feelings though. I have found that some women I look at and think "damn she is beautiful. sounds like she has it all" will post a problem on here that just proves my point. We are all alike, fundamentally and we all have different things we don't like about ourselves be it physical or emotional or both in my case sometimes. Chin up!!! It WILL get better.

 
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
2,732
Reaction score
1
I'm sorry to hear that Ricci, but didn't you say in your other thread that you didn't even care about celebrities?

 
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
basically Im sick of picture perfect bodies & faces (celebs).. low self esteem is a huge part of depression

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry to hear that Ricci, but didn't you say in your other thread that you didn't even care about celebrities?
 

Nox

Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,409
Reaction score
1
Ricci,

No one here can look at that avatar picture and know that you are not in your 20's. I always thought until very recently you were my age.

And anyway, I sympathize with you on the creeping depression thing. It has no rhyme or reason, but it affects the way we see everything.

Also, don't discredit yourself by comparing yourself to these young celebutants. Most of them do not wear the badges of motherhood, many of them have been cut up and re-sewn together, some of them require so much spackle that they don't even resemble themselves when it's all over with. And besides that, they too burp and piss in the toilet, get constipated and still have to show up for work looking good, have boils removed, get split ends, pop pimples on their back, pick their teeth, suck in their bloated tummies, etc. They are definitely not of a higher species than the rest of us normal folk.


 
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
0
I always feel ugly too..I can understand feeling that way when looking at all the celebs..however when I get all made up I feel as good as them, but when I take everything off I feel like crap again..but hey we only see those celebs at their best most of the time.

 
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
Thank you


Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ricci,
No one here can look at that avatar picture and know that you are not in your 20's. I always thought until very recently you were my age.

And anyway, I sympathize with you on the creeping depression thing. It has no rhyme or reason, but it affects the way we see everything.

Also, don't discredit yourself by comparing yourself to these young celebutants. Most of them do not wear the badges of motherhood, many of them have been cut up and re-sewn together, some of them require so much spackle that they don't even resemble themselves when it's all over with. And besides that, they too burp and piss in the toilet, get constipated and still have to show up for work looking good, have boils removed, get split ends, pop pimples on their back, pick their teeth, suck in their bloated tummies, etc. They are definitely not of a higher species than the rest of us normal folk.


Thank you Kelly Originally Posted by kelly1965rn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ya know sometimes when I see the "younger" women on here, I feel a little haggy. I don't feel my age though and sometimes I don't act it, but Ricci I think you are beautiful and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. If I don't have anything to say to someone I just don't post. It's easy for us to compare ourselves to other women....Especially when we are "surrounded" by them here. Sometimes I think "Gawd they must wonder why this old chick is on here all the time". Honestly though, I feel better when I visit my online "friends". I'm still just a girl when it comes down to it. Just an older version. I hope you get this out of your head. I love your posts cuz you don't hold back. Sorry, I tend to ramble. Ya Your probably right Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always feel ugly too..I can understand feeling that way when looking at all the celebs..however when I get all made up I feel as good as them, but when I take everything off I feel like crap again..but hey we only see those celebs at their best most of the time.
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
2,666
Reaction score
0
Awww Ricci, I am so sorry to hear your not feeling well, and I agree with Nox,I always thought you were in your 20s! Your a great person and i hope things go better for you soon! *hugs*

 
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
7,153
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif basically Im sick of picture perfect bodies & faces (celebs).. low self esteem is a huge part of depression Huge part of your depression, you mean.
Well - like I tell my best friend because she was upset over looking at other pregnant celebs and not looking as "beautiful" as them is that - they have how many makeup artist, stylist and so-on to help them? They take the most mundane looking person and make them something out of this world.

I'm envy of some of them at times but I can't let it get to me and never had. Just gotta realize not everyone is picture perfect.

 
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
Yes I agree with "huge part" I guess not everyone gets low self esteem when depressed?

Thanks Celly


Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Huge part of your depression, you mean.
Well - like I tell my best friend because she was upset over looking at other pregnant celebs and not looking as "beautiful" as them is that - they have how many makeup artist, stylist and so-on to help them? They take the most mundane looking person and make them something out of this world.

I'm envy of some of them at times but I can't let it get to me and never had. Just gotta realize not everyone is picture perfect.

Thank you too Originally Posted by Zoey /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awww Ricci, I am so sorry to hear your not feeling well, and I agree with Nox,I always thought you were in your 20s! Your a great person and i hope things go better for you soon! *hugs*
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
7,153
Reaction score
3
No, sorry - I'm a bit sensitive with this subject since my dad is diagnosed with depression.

But yeah, everyone feels like that at times - I highly doubt you're alone in this.

 
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
6,799
Reaction score
7
Well I agree its not a fun subject Only thing is affects me is I get sore all over and very tired and cant stay awake and I cant bring myself to leave the house ,, Im hoping to God I can bypass this I just went thro this in the summer "Bikini season"

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, sorry - I'm a bit sensitive with this subject since my dad is diagnosed with depression.
But yeah, everyone feels like that at times - I highly doubt you're alone in this.

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Sorry to hear this, Ricci. You are the youngest looking woman your age I have ever met! And I might have to add I have been jealous of your skin since I saw the no makeup pic you posted once.

I aree with what everyone said. We all have our ugly days, it doesn´t even take much. A huge pimple, a cold sore, a bad haircut or just a bad hair day. I honestly freakin hate that cause it happens to me a lot as well. I mean we know we´re all beautiful woman, but it only takes a little thing to make us feel different.

Feel better, Ricci!!! And btw, when I was going through my depression I had very low self esteem as well, in fact I still suffer from that. It´s a daily battle.

 
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,826
Reaction score
2
You know whats the number one killer of self esteem amongst women? COMPARISON! I am really guilty of doing this. I compare myself to other people especially in magazines. This isn't healthy, but we still do it. You shouldn't be depressed because you are the real thing, they aren't. You know what, I am about to sound really terrible but, look at people who have fallen victim to spousal abuse. Those who have physical scars to show. Look at women and men who dont have legs, arms or who are physically handicapped. Then look at yourself. The mere fact that you wake up everyday with everything still intact is a testimony on its own. Most people arent that priviledged. Some die in thier sleep and some do not even get to enjoy half of what you do when you wake up. Enjoy yourself. Enjoy your body. Celebrate the skin you are in and love every minute of you. You are a sexy, grown woman. Not to mention a mother of 3 reasonably grown children. You are more than just your body. Dont let it govern your emotions. Of course sometimes you will feel as though everyone else is sexy byt you. But thats just the bad air days. Listen to some uplifting music and before you know it, the self loving will be back. I do know what you mean though, but I also know that if I were to have my pick between you and them, it would be You. Never forget that.

 
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
0
you know what girl, i go through this at least once a month and it sux!! my boobs arent as perky my skin looks sallow i have bags sometimes all kind sof things and its hard to not compare with celebs when its all up in oyur face...then i think- i have a great life im healthy my son is healthy my hubby is healthy and i put on a SHITLOADof makeup and im ready to face the day...try to look at what the good in your life is and what you have, you look fantastic!, never would have imagined you have teen sons. wowsers! well i hope you feel better soon! keep on truckin-aloha~ deb

 
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,826
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always feel ugly too..I can understand feeling that way when looking at all the celebs..however when I get all made up I feel as good as them, but when I take everything off I feel like crap again..but hey we only see those celebs at their best most of the time. You really should not feel that way. But you know what? I love when gorgeous people dont know how beautiful they are. I hope soon, you can look into the mirror and see how beautiful you are...even when you dont have on any makeup.
. I suffered from really bad acne and I would wear lots of makeup (that didnt match my skin tone but because the little....::holds my tongue:: at walgreens wanted to make a quick buck, she used me). Then I met a man who said "you dont need that". At first it was like taking candy from a kid. It was hard. I would secretly sneak some makeup in just because I couldnt face the shame of people seeing my skin. then I was like **** it!. I stopped wearing makeup. Oh and I didnt like taking pictures either. So i said gradually. I am not 100% confident in myself/my looks. But I always think of someone who has it worse and I cheer up (I am not a sadist, I promise).
Point is, you are gorgeous with or without makeup.


 
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
0
I have depression, and truly, I can understand where you come from on this. Self esteem isn't the reason why I am depressed, but it contributes to the depressive feelings quite a bit. In my family, I am pretty much liked because they think I am nice looking...that is literally the only reason. I look at myself, and see all these beautiful girls, celebs, anywhere and I wonder why I think I am since I am no where near like any of them. I try so hard to look even better, and I fail miserably, and feel like shit all over again. My parents used to give me this lecture about how my bro had low self esteem and I don't know what it's like...but then I'm thinking you put this label on me an actually TELL ME to be perfect, and I know I can't be...no self esteem issues my ass!

Anyway, you honestly don't look your age, and even if you did, that wouldn't be old looking. You look like you are in your twenties, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say 22, and that is the truth.

 

Latest posts

Top