I'm thinking of giving up my makeup dreams & selling my entire makeup collection...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everyone. This is utterly rediculous. And i truly can't believe that you will honestly give something up for someone elses happiness.

When I talk to my boyfriend abut makeup he acts totally unintersted, but I know that no matter what he wouldn't make me give it up. I wouldn't make him give up his car or motorbikes. I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

You're only 18. You have so much to do and see. You are a BEAUTIFUL woman and their would be men falling over to let you live your dreams and do what makes you happy.

Originally Posted by LovelyAndBroke /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's for sale??
Your dreams?

nope, she gave them away for free

Any man who asks you to give up everything is a D-Lord. Say it with me a few times. D-Lord D-Lord D-Lord.

The best definition of Love is not about how You feel about someone. The best definition of Love is how that person makes you feel about you! The person who loves you will love everything you are and everything you stand for. That person will also make you feel like you deserve this attention and are worthy of it!

If he is making you feel inferior and less than how you feel about you, they don't love you. They feel threatened by you and need you to feel like they are doing you a favour by staying with them. They are afraid one day you will wake up one day and think 'What am I doing with this LOSER?'. Later, he will throw that same 'gift' that you gave him of your dreams in your face and call you 'useless' and 'stupid'.

I was with one when I was young. That a$$ always told me 'noone would love me but him'; 'I should count my lucky starts that I met him'; 'I was fat and ugly, he was the only one that loves me.' I was generaly a confident girl but he managed to whittle it to nothing. He complained that I wore too much makeup and that my clothing were to flashy. Eventually, no makeup and sweats were what I was and of course, then, no one did think I was pretty. I did have friends and they gave me back my self-worth. One day, I did wake up and thought, without him, I can be soooo much more!

In the end, you need to love you and be proud of what you have done with YOUR life. We want you to reach your full potential and we have never met you. Why does this loser want you to diminish yourself for his sake?

There are no certainties in your life other than the fact that you will be miserable at the end if you decide to sell who you are to the lowest bidder. That's ok tho, I suppose, because all they want is the shell and not the contents.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Later, he will throw that same 'gift' that you gave him of your dreams in your face and call you 'useless' and 'stupid'. You are a genius, this is EXTREMELY true. Sometimes men are VERY ungrateful, thats why as women, we have to protect ourselves. Never give up your dreams for anybody, especially not for a man. This kind of thing have happened to alot of women, they gave up their dreams and career for the men who they thought loved them and eventually left them broken with nothing

Is it a good sign when you post a thread like this and the first thing I do is check the date to see if this was an old April Fools thread that got bumped up?

Do yourself a huge favour and kick this guy to the curb before he destroys who you are any more. Even the way you talk about him and what's going on makes it clear that you aren't sure about it... listen to those red flags and high tail it out of there, makeup and all. This guy is an abuser. Emotionally abusive today, and who knows how far down the road he'll become verbally and even physically abusive. He'll only be waiting to lower your self esteem enough that he knows you won't leave because you'll depend on him.

Seriously.

Run.

Originally Posted by Ingrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are a genius, this is EXTREMELY true. Sometimes men are VERY ungrateful, thats why as women, we have to protect ourselves. Never give up your dreams for anybody, especially not for a man. This kind of thing have happened to alot of women, they gave up their dreams and career for the men who they thought loved them and eventually left them broken with nothing What a wonderful compliment! I just hope she takes it to heart that NO ONE has posted anything in support of this doomed relationship. I'm sure every woman who has read this thread can predict the ending to this plane crash. What he is doing to you is called Emotional Abuse.
I think at 19, I was sure it was true love as well but what did I know at 19??. I can't stress enough that the true love affair has to be between you and yourself first. It took me a long time to recover my self worth, please don't let him steal that from you. Love you enough so that you won't allow this trash to turn you into trash as well. If you don't have the strength to break away from this wreckage, please feel free to borrow our collective strength to do so.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif This isn't a joke. Its just my attempt to make someone happy.
I know he is very controlling...but very loving & amazing. I just want a simple life that works. I can have the simplest most easing going life if I can be submissive & try to be perfect daily. It looks like the direction my life is taking. I'm not sure how ill feel in the long run. But I feel like I was born to make others happy. I don't want uncertainty about life. I feel like I'm in too deep in love to want to try to begin again with a new direction. But I am still thinking of selling, so I am serious.

If you are not strong enough to stand up for yourself then you are too weak to get married. If you sell yourself short today and submit then that is what you will always be, someone's puppet. Have you ever heard the saying stand for something or fall for anything? Today the something that you need to stand for is you. If you don't stand for you then you will fall for that fool you call a man. Also, men don't respect weak women they use them up and then throw them away.

"I can be submissive & try to be perfect daily" If you believe that to be true then you should take some advice from an old woman (me). Little lady go home to your parents until you are strong enough to think for yourself. You are not ready for what you are thinking. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you take my advice.

If he is controlling you now and making you give up stuff, it will only get worse. I hate to say it but this relationship the way you say he is controlling but really loves you, that just reeks of how i sounded when i was in an abbusive relationship. I also get the feeling you are with this guy simply because you are scared you will not be able to cope with out him, that is part of the abuse cycle to make you feel like you need that person, even though they hurt you.

Also, i know it can be hard to end something even if you are unhappy. People tend to be complacient and stay in a relationship that is not fulfilling them in any way. I know it seems hard but regaining that independance to be who you truely are is worth the effort.

Ok, if you wanna be a housewife great, but you can still pursue your dream of doing MU. Your only 18, you don't have to have your mind made up yet!

Chellers,

hope you have been reading what everyone is saying. Advices are hard to take it but when you really look into it you will know what all of us are saying. At the age of 18, you may not have gone through so much but the rest of us could have..our experiences speak. If you are doing it for others to be happy than what about urself...how are you going to be happy with urself...relationship is a two way thing...not just one way..now you give up ur makeup than later will be wat..kids...money and etc....just for the guy u love. HOpe gal you will wake up and know that this is life and it needs lots of thinking and planning ahead...if not the future will be gone...too late to regret and start all over again...good luck dearie...keep wat u like and wats is urs happily.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif This isn't a joke. Its just my attempt to make someone happy.
I know he is very controlling...but very loving & amazing. I just want a simple life that works. I can have the simplest most easing going life if I can be submissive & try to be perfect daily. It looks like the direction my life is taking. I'm not sure how ill feel in the long run. But I feel like I was born to make others happy. I don't want uncertainty about life. I feel like I'm in too deep in love to want to try to begin again with a new direction. But I am still thinking of selling, so I am serious.

Wow.
frown.gif
If a man doesn't appreciate your talents and qualities, then he's not the right one for you. There's so many men around this world that are much better.
And, you're only 18! You have PLENTY of time to date/have a relationship. Be with someone because you love them and they love you vice-versa.

If your boyfriend loves you as much as you he does, he would let you live your dreams aswell...

Its your life aswell, you can still love him and be with him.. but sheesh you hardly near an age where you can just become something you not!

I seriously think you should take time and think about what you are doing, i think you are throwing a great life away, sorry if i sound harsh!!

But like i said if your Boyfriend loves you truly, he should want you to go for your dreams and be happy for you no matter what...

You cant change yourself for someone, that someone must love you for who you are and no less!

xx

It's not like the world is going to end tomorrow and you have to make such a crucial decision in such a short amount of time! Live life!!! And you'll be so glad you did (especially when you're way way older). What will you have to be proud of? Someone else? If you ask me, it doesn't sound like you're very happy and you will definitely not be happy in the long-run.... trust me, I've seen it happen and it's depressing.

Back