I'm upset this morning

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My son in law is getting on a plane at 1030 this morning. He was very quiet on the phone. He did blow me a kiss. You know that smack sound. It was sweet. He's leaving on Veteran's day of all days. My daughter is doing ok I guess. She's having moments off and on. He said it could be a week or more before he can contact her. They fly to Germany first, then Kuwait then they split them all up and send them their seperate ways. We know that he will be right outside of Baghdad but anything can change. Just keep him...........and all of our military troops........in your thoughts and prayers. I'm a wreck today but holding it together for Courtney. I'll get better and do appreciate yall listening to me whine yet again. Thanks.

You made me feel a lot better in my thread, and your thread is so much more serious. Nothing compared to my little problem. That really must be hard for you guys, I hope the time passes by quickly and he returns home safe in no time.

I hope your son in law returns safe! I'll be thinking of you and your daughter.

We will keep him in our daily prayers! We are very grateful to the men,women and families that are giving of themselves to protect our freedom as well as bring freedom to other countries. The holidays are rough when our loved ones are so far away. Prayers and happy memories will keep you strong. God bless you and your most remarkable family!

Awww.....Kelly, I know it must be hard for you and your daughter! This war sucks!! I'll keep he and all your family in my thoughts and prayers. You know we're here if you need us!

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
hugss.gif

I am a military spouse and just returned from 5yrs in Germany and worked in the military hospital there where the troops come to if needed. I can tell you that of all of the soldiers that I saw and spoke to from the war zone that they are a wonderful support system to oneanother and become family. They have oneanothers back and will stick together to ensure that all come back home. We all appreciate our soldiers and the families that allow them to go and giving them the peace of mind of knowing all is well at home and that they are loved. So tell your daughter Thank You! from me and my family. I pray for his safety and speedy return!

best wishes to you and your family, time will fly and he'll be back before you know it. I'm sorry that you're having to experience this
frown.gif
hug.gif

Wow-what a man. Your family is so lucky to have a guy that will go and stand up for us and our country. We need to get behind those guys--they are there for us!!! We all pray for them--they are precious. Prayers for you and your daughter too!!!

Im sure things will be fine and he will be home soon. My thoughts are with you all at this time.

No matter what one's political stance is on the war, I think the general consensus here is that people only want to offer their best moral support for our troops. I pray that he comes back safe and unharmed, and for your daughter's well-being too.
hug.gif

Originally Posted by jacquelyna /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
hugss.gif
Same here hun

best wishes to you and your family, time will fly and he'll be back before you know it. I'm sorry that you're having to experience this

I want to reiterate what is said here.

I am also grateful to the men and women giving of themselves also.

Thank him for his service to our great country. My hat's off to him.

Originally Posted by Bee Luscious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We will keep him in our daily prayers! We are very grateful to the men,women and families that are giving of themselves to protect our freedom as well as bring freedom to other countries. The holidays are rough when our loved ones are so far away. Prayers and happy memories will keep you strong. God bless you and your most remarkable family!

Thanks everyone. We were able to talk to him until he got on the plane. I cried all day yesterday. I don't know why..................yes I do. His life will never be the same. Only someone who has been there can know what it's really like. It might be easier if the Army would say..........ok, He'll be home in July '08 for 18 days, but they don't and can't. I understand why. I honesty believe my daughter is not grasping the seriousness of the situation and how dangerous where he is going to be is. He didn't want to tell her but I think she should know. I dont know. Ignorance is bliss right???? It's going to be a long 15 months. Thanks again. Yall have given me so much support and I appreciate it to the depth of my soul.

I second what Bee Luscious says.

You're right, he won't ever be the same. Or last least, he will look at things in a different light from here on out. He's a real man now. He'll have allot of time to reflect. Our country needs real men, btw. Not fake men who sit here stateside at anti war demonstrations, but wouldn't ever have the backbone to fight for their countrymen's freedom. In 25 years from now, you won't see men saying "I was an anti war demonstrator" but I can assure you that you will see veterans saying "I am a proud veteran"

Luckily there are things like Email and video conferencing in today's military so that should help your daughter and such. Continue to send love.

When I was in the Navy(I realize it was peacetime), we waited 4 weeks for a letter and there was NO email. So when those letters came, it was like gold.

Best of luck to him and godd bless him
angel.gif
g.gif

Originally Posted by Bee Luscious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks everyone. We were able to talk to him until he got on the plane. I cried all day yesterday. I don't know why..................yes I do. His life will never be the same. Only someone who has been there can know what it's really like. It might be easier if the Army would say..........ok, He'll be home in July '08 for 18 days, but they don't and can't. I understand why. I honesty believe my daughter is not grasping the seriousness of the situation and how dangerous where he is going to be is. He didn't want to tell her but I think she should know. I dont know. Ignorance is bliss right???? It's going to be a long 15 months. Thanks again. Yall have given me so much support and I appreciate it to the depth of my soul.

Latest posts

Back