IMATS LA 2013: Chella

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chella was a brand I recognized from the BeautyFix Boxes. I've got their exfoliating mask in my bathroom as we speak.  They've reimaged though, so they're no longer blue, but they've got an orange logo.

They do have more than just skincare, and they are expanding their brow color line in a couple of months.  They are adding new highlighters and brow colors to be more versatile.

They have the cheapest heated eyelash curler I've seen (although it might have been a show special price, it was selling for $10 with the AAA battery included!)  I haven't tried it out, but most heated eyelash curlers I've seen have been at least $15-$20.

They're known for their anti-fatigue eye mask, which sits under the eyes to soak in all of the goodness.  It was interesting to see how large of a line this brand has!

I have the Chella eyebrow defining gel and it works pretty good. It keeps them all in order
smile.gif

I bought the heated eyelash curler for $10. It comes with one AAA battery and to insert the battery you pull the brush portion straight up and insert the batter then place the whole thing back into the handle. I tried it out today and it indeed took about 20 seconds, as the label stated, to warm up. It was comfortable to use on my lashes and I never felt like I was going to accidentally burn my eyeball.

The instructions on the box also states it's best used AFTER you apply mascara, I tried it without mascara on bare lashes to see how it would work and it does help lift the lashes up in a curled manner.

Regular price: $20

IMATS price: $10

I'm kind of regretting not buying a second one as a back up since two essentially is the price of one.

AFTER??? Now that's very interesting, as it goes contrary to everything that has been taught and field tested. Mmmm, new tricks... My thoughts are that heat is hot enough to slightly melt the mascara so that it can curl the lashes, and once the heat is removed, the mascara solidifies again???

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AFTER??? Now that's very interesting, as it goes contrary to everything that has been taught and field tested. Mmmm, new tricks...

My thoughts are that heat is hot enough to slightly melt the mascara so that it can curl the lashes, and once the heat is removed, the mascara solidifies again???
I think your thoughts are correct. That when used after the mascara warms up enough to "melt" and once the heat is removed the mascara solidifies again. The instructions state to place the heated comb right under the lash line carefully lifting and holding the lashes against the eyelid for up to 10 seconds then switch eyes. "Repeat up to 3 times or until you achieve the look you like". The curler cools off within 45 seconds.

Latest posts

Back