IMATS LA 2013: Dinair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dinair always takes up at least half of a wall at IMATS.  They've got make up artists and models everywhere, and people throwing t-shirts into screaming crowds.

This year, they were introducing their new Pro (low profile) compressor.  It's smaller, and features a little diamond on the knob.  They are working on completing their travel battery pack, which will work with this new compressor, allowing you to be able to travel with your airbrush kit!!  I'm so excited about this, because I've been asked to do a shoot out in the middle of nowhere, and I don't have any way I can use airbrush, which is really easy to apply quickly on models.  (I also love it because it's one less brush that needs to be washed, hah)

Their pro foundation kit was being sold for $220, and $50 for color collections of their foundations.

In regards to their new compressor... it's small and can be easily carried in a large purse the downside you can lose it in said large purse. LOL They plan on making even a SMALLER version about the size of an iPhone (give or take). I suggested that if they do make one to make a case to clip onto a person's belt loop similar to a pocket camera bag. It's going to be that small.

Yeah, that would be great for on-set touch ups. But how long does / would the battery last? One person? I've seen portable compressors before, and this was their limitation, and still is.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that would be great for on-set touch ups. But how long does / would the battery last? One person?

I've seen portable compressors before, and this was their limitation, and still is.
At this point in time there is no battery and requires to be plugged in. Annelle, do you remember when Dina said the battery portion would be ready?

Images from me at IMATS LA 2013​

http://www.airbrushmakeup.com/studio_beauty_kit2/makeup-compressor/index.php#b

Ah, gotcha! Thanks Zadi. That's the one of several complaints with airbrush compressors out there: Size - too big for the trailer, and on set. Or too small - is lacking in power and overheating / auto shut off, and only lasts for one person on set. For the past several years companies have been trying to find a happy medium with size to power ratio. I've seen a lot of prototypes and 1st gen models on set, and none of them have been able to cut it. But this is great that Dinair is still in the portable compressor market hopefully making headway. I know she focuses primarily on the home market as opposed to the professional MUA. But hey, whatever works!

I'll have more information on the batteries in March.  I'll follow up with them on their batteries at MakeupShow. I want to say that they were going to have them around this Spring.

Latest posts

Back