IMATS LA 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelPacific /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will be going!  This will be my first time and I will be with two of my girlfriends.  My husband was kind enough to get tickets for all of us.  We are so excited.  I am currently planning my outfit along with my wish list.  Don't forget that there is an IMATS app to download to help you utilize your experience.  I am a short plus size girl.   I will be wearing a large burgundy sweater with long dark hair.  Shout out AngelPacifi!c and we can talk makeup!  Can't Wait.

Regarding outfits. Yes you want to look nice for pictures but it's one big giant shopping trip with long lines. You're going to get hot (inside will be a sauna) and tired so wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Also BRING YOUR OWN BAG! Most importantly make sure that bag has a ZIPPER. Yes IMATS will provide you with a bag which everyone will have and if you set it down it can be stolen OR something stolen out of it. It happens year after year. Bringing your own shopping tote with a zipper not only identifies YOUR unique bag but also ensures no one is going to stick their hand down your bag if you're not paying attention.

Does anyone want to meet up for dinner one night? I'm thinking Saturday night. Let me know and I can put something together. I'm sure all that shopping will take it's toll on us
18.gif

If anyone has an extra ticket, I could gladly take it off your hands.  I cannot pay more than $60.00 though.  Either day is fine.  I would really appreciate it.

Well I am one tired, but happy camper! Home now after my first IMATS. We arrived at 7, got in the already long line and proceeded to have a great time. Got all my Inglot shadows, Bdellium brushes, NYX jumbo pencils, Velour lashes, some Sigma shadow bases, a Z-palette and a couple of Morphe brushes to try. Sigma and Nigel's (Z-palette) were the only booths with lines that I went to, so that was fantastic. I was able to get all my must haves early in the day and just relax for the afternoon. I had planned on going to the Makeup Geek booth, but the line was long all day, so I skipped it. I had spent enough at Inglot, so wasn't looking to get much from MUG anyway. Nice to see such a great response to the line though. Great day, and my daughter, who came with since my friend had to cancel at the last minute, is already planning for next year.

Well I am one tired, but happy camper! Home now after my first IMATS. We arrived at 7, got in the already long line and proceeded to have a great time. Got all my Inglot shadows, Bdellium brushes, NYX jumbo pencils, Velour lashes, some Sigma shadow bases, a Z-palette and a couple of Morphe brushes to try. Sigma and Nigel's (Z-palette) were the only booths with lines that I went to, so that was fantastic. I was able to get all my must haves early in the day and just relax for the afternoon. I had planned on going to the Makeup Geek booth, but the line was long all day, so I skipped it. I had spent enough at Inglot, so wasn't looking to get much from MUG anyway. Nice to see such a great response to the line though. Great day, and my daughter, who came with since my friend had to cancel at the last minute, is already planning for next year.
That's awesome! By the time I got my lost luggage, the show was almost over so I skipped Saturday and had dinner with my boyfriend's family who lives in LA. I've had the worst luck on this trip but I'm hoping today will make up for all the crap I dealt with. I did get to stop in to the nail supply shop in San Gabriel though :)

does anyone know if there will be a future IMATS in chicago? i wanna goo.... have fun you ladies!

That's awesome! By the time I got my lost luggage, the show was almost over so I skipped Saturday and had dinner with my boyfriend's family who lives in LA. I've had the worst luck on this trip but I'm hoping today will make up for all the crap I dealt with. I did get to stop in to the nail supply shop in San Gabriel though :)
Bummer! Glad you got to salvage something of the day. Hope today is better!

does anyone know if there will be a future IMATS in chicago? i wanna goo.... have fun you ladies!
Chicago would be awesome, but as far as I know, it's just LA and NYC in the States

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most likely not. IMATS is primarily for professional makeup artists and the locations they go to are traditional filming areas. Since Chicago is not a major filming area no IMATS for that area and that is why there is IMATS Vancouver (aka "Hollywood North"), IMATS Toronto (major tv and film area), IMATS NYC (again major tv and film area), IMATS LA (Hollywood of course), IMATS London (obviously England's major film, tv and stage), IMATS Sydney (Australia's "Hollywood"). While the Makeup Show does go to Chicago, Orlando and now Dallas (in addition to LA and NYC) they're closed to non-professionals and the venue is far, far smaller than IMATS.

Quote: Originally Posted by ABLook /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  how do you get information on where and tickets to the next IMATS con

www.imats.net

For people that have been to previous imats, is mufe discoount only for pro members? or is the discount to the public on the weekend? and what was the discount this year?

It's for everyone but off hand I don't recall if they do what MAC does and give a smaller discount to non-pros and a larger one to pros.

Quote: Originally Posted by olinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For people that have been to previous imats, is mufe discoount only for pro members? or is the discount to the public on the weekend? and what was the discount this year?
 I purchased the HD foundation for $30 when it retails for $42. In LA, MUFE had a booth with limited items and a semi hidden Pro only section with the full line behind some fabric scaffolding walls. 

I purchased the HD foundation for $30 when it retails for $42. In LA, MUFE had a booth with limited items and a semi hidden Pro only section with the full line behind some fabric scaffolding walls. 
Was the discount a percentage off or a fixed amount for certain items? any other items you remember seeing? Thank you so much for your reply! I thought the discount for mufe was public, but then I also heard it was for pros only, I was so confused! lol

Back