Indian hair recipes

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I went to an indian grocery store today and I stumbled across; Coconut oil infused with Henna, Amla, Lemon and some other really good stuff.

I also bought Amla powder, and rose leaf powder.

Now here is where I am really lost.

WTF is rose leaf powder? I know a lot of you are thinking "then why the **** did you buy it then"..but I was curious. Looks like something my skin/hair will drink up.

Has anyone ever heard of this? used it? Know what it might be good for?

Reaction score
apparently you can use it for cooking, and i found a face mask recipe :

mix a good teaspoon of rose leaves powder with floral (or just tap) water until it makes a paste. apply it on your face and wait for 20 minutes. rinse with water and moisturize. apparently it helps rejunevating the skin, and making disappear redness and pimples.

now i have to buy rose leaves powder lol !

and actually, i also buy sometimes stuff that looks good without really knowing how i can use it.

Nox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went to an indian grocery store today and I stumbled across; Coconut oil infused with Henna, Amla, Lemon and some other really good stuff. I have this too. I forgot which brand this is, but I always have it shipped to me from an online friend in India.

Reaction score
My Best Friend uses the coconut oil henna, she loves it.

Reaction score
Rose leaf powder might be dried rose petals' powder. I am just guessing.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coco-nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif Rose leaf powder might be dried rose petals' powder. I am just guessing. It is. Good guess. Apparently, dries rose petals have soothing properties. The most common use is for calming stomach acid. It is also used for beauty/complexion purposes (as mentioned in an earlier post). As for its uses where hair goes, I dont know..