Insight wanted regarding NL...

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Okay, I try hard to not possibly offend anyone when I'm thinking about graphics for the Newsletter. I know in the past MuTers have mentioned they don't want to see a summer theme when they're in the middle of winter and vice versa. That makes complete sense to me.

So, as Thanksgiving is coming upon us here in the USA, I know not every country celebrates it at the same time/at all. I want to do a Thanksgiving themed NL, but I don't want to offend/bother anyone with it. I can always do something more Autumn themed... I do know at Christmas time, I try to just do something simple to not pertain so much to just Santa Claus (i.e., I use snow, wreaths, etc).

I reckon what I'm asking here is: For those of you who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., does it bother you to see the NL themed for a holiday you don't celebrate?

Reaction score
mm.. well I like themed newsletters to be honest, but I guess they can never encompass every single season or holiday.

Being as how we have wreaths, christmas trees, holly and santa in australia that doesnt bother me and I guess snow and snowmen don't either really...

i guess if it was me, I'd stick with the themes but make sure to include specifically related stuff to other areas. It's the best I can come up with, lol

christmas is fiine with me but thanksgiving I know nothing about so it has potential to make others feel left out.

That's just my take. I'm not massively offended or anything though, LOL

Nox

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't read the newsletter. But I if I were subscribed to it, I would not mind at all. Themes can be fun.

Reaction score
I like them.
But, then again, I celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. So I wouldn't really have a reason to mind. lol.

Reaction score
No problem here! Honestly, I think people in this world get offended a little too easily these days! (No offense) LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif No problem here! Honestly, I think people in this world get offended a little too easily these days! (No offense) LOL I agree.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif No problem here! Honestly, I think people in this world get offended a little too easily these days! (No offense) LOL I agree.

Reaction score
Well, I celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I can't really answer the poll, but if the theme was for something I didn't celebrate, I wouldn't care at all. In fact, it would be kinda interesting.

Reaction score
I really don't care. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here but that doesn't mean I'm not taking advatage of Thanksgiving sales on my favourite sites.

Reaction score
I like them themed even when its holidays we dont celebrate in the UK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif No problem here! Honestly, I think people in this world get offended a little too easily these days! (No offense) LOL I agree!!