Interview at Ulta !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i called her weds. and left a message because she left for the day at 3:00pm when i called and then thursday I dropped by around 1:30pm and she was stocking products, I gave her a Thank you card and told her I just wanted to drop by because I was in the area and wanted to thank her for taking the time to see me last friday and she said," Aww thank you! I was going to call you today also, I had an extension on the product line,but you should hear from me next week."

Niiiiiice!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Brown Eyes 21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... thursday I dropped by around 1:30pm and she was stocking products, I gave her a Thank you card and told her I just wanted to drop by because I was in the area and wanted to thank her for taking the time to see me last friday....

Not really - while your follow up was excellent - she brushed you off for another week.  It could be legit or it could be a brush off. 

I wouldn't put all my eggs in this basket... two weeks for a call back for a job opening is not a good indicator for retail - for a corporate environment it's standard, but for retail usually they need to fill spots sooner than later.

I'm thinking you might be number 2 on the list and she's holding out to see if her number 1 will take the job.

she called friday! I start on Thursday but not as the consultant just upfront on the registar but its ok I am still in the door and when i graduate school I can work in the salon...

Thank you! Sorry I left you guys hanging for the weekend, I got online late last night and realized I forgot to update lol

That is sooo good to hear - so she didnt wait the extra week to call you back huh?!  

Sorry for being such a pessimist - I just hate the high hopes they give candidates!

Congratulations!!

she called friday! I start on Thursday but not as the consultant just upfront on the registar but its ok I am still in the door and when i graduate school I can work in the salon...

No your not pessimistic just realistic, I know exactly what you mean, and I didn't get the position I wanted. I kinda think it was the thank you note...but I am not be a sore sport about it I still get to work there and I am sure I will learn makeup tricks and I can get better and whenever I graduate beauty school I can go to the salon.

Learn some fun tricks then post them! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

No your not pessimistic just realistic, I know exactly what you mean, and I didn't get the position I wanted. I kinda think it was the thank you note...but I am not be a sore sport about it I still get to work there and I am sure I will learn makeup tricks and I can get better and whenever I graduate beauty school I can go to the salon.

Back