Ipsy October 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Bizgirlva, I'd die to get a primer!! I never get them. I'm getting a NYX eyeliner, which I hate NYX products in general, I don't understand the hype. Eyeshadow that's a pretty shade, but already have a dozen like it, blush that I've gotten before, a brush, the one thing I'll actually like and a hair product. I hate getting hair products in beauty boxes they almost never work for my hair. 

I'm getting:

Purlisse lip balm- happy to get this, I'll definitely use it

Model co eyebrow pencil- I've been wanting gimme brow so bad and missed it again in the points rewards. I'm finally getting a brow product from Ipsy so that's good, but I'm not a big fan of model co

Tatcha cleansing oil- most excited for this!!

Beaute eyeshadow- I always review eyeshadows poorly and it annoys me to still get them

Ciate eyeliner- I like this type of eyeliner, anything is better than black pencils

I wish I would have gotten any of the nail polishes!

If I can cash in my points, next month will be my last bag. I've had Ipsy for two and a half years. I finally got off the wait list for Sephora Play and I think it'll be more exciting products.

Like most of the others I'm a bit disappointed. I only ended up with one of the items I really wanted. Honestly it's better than none but I had my hopes set high for at least two lol. It's not an awful bag though.

Ciate London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner- I'm always happy with liquid eyeliner and I haven't tried this one so I'm happy! Even though it wasn't on my dream bag list it's a staple product that has to be replaced quite frequently. 

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation- I've sampled this before from Sephora a few years ago and it did not hold up well on me (but it was summer in the South). I'm also not sure if this is going to match my skin even if they send me the Ivory. My Color IQ is 1Y02 and doesn't have a match in this foundation. If the color isn't off it's probably usable for winter months. 

Kokie Nail Polish in Heavenly- I honestly thought this was white (my monitor needs adjusting). The only thing from my dream bag I received. It's fine that it's lilac because I gravitate towards purple nail polish anyways.  

tre'StiQue Matte Lip Crayon- I get things from this brand quite often. It's alright but not particularly exciting to me. I honestly really wanted that purple lipstick from noyah instead.

Global Beauty Care Deep Sea Wash Off Mask- This would be fine but I received it on my second account (which is now my Mothers) in August. I do love mud masks but something else would have been preferred.

My Mothers bag is making me cringe. I feel like she will only use one or two items from it.

Beaute Basics Satin Taupe Eyeshadow- I think she will love this! It's definitely something she would pick up when we go shopping. 

theBalm Cosmetics Cabana Boy Blush- She loves blush but I think the Hot Mama would have been better this looks really pink. I can also see her struggling to use it because of how tiny it is. 

essence cosmetics superfine eyeliner pen waterproof- She doesn't use liquid eyeliner. I will try to swap her for this. 

Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker Fragrance Rollerball- We are migraine sufferers so we generally don't like fragrance. This is the worst possible item either of us could have gotten. Honestly it's probably going in the trash. 

Adesse New York Liquid Chrome Organic Infused Nail Lacquer in Grand Central- This is so not her thing but I'm eager to swap her for it! 

First bag: Tatcha oil, terse red lip, Coats liquid liner, SJP rollerball and MeMeMe blush brush.

Second bag: Tatcha oil, Chrome type nail polish, Hot Mama blush, Treseq lipstick and patchology eye patches.

Overall very happy with both. Most excited over brush, polish and Tatcha.

My bag:

Ciate London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner - Not too happy as I don't use eyeliner ever really, will be good for swapping though

theBalm Hot Mama Blush - Loved this blush in their holiday palette last year with all of their bestselling items (forget what it is called on the top of my head), so I am excited to have an individual pan of this outside the palette

Pure Brazillian Leave in Miracle - Excited! Even though I do not have the hair type I think this was meant for, I have used similar products on my hair that have worked wonders

tre'StiQue Matte Lip Crayon - While I love lipcolors, matte lip colors don't agree with my lips most of the time, but hopefully this will work

JoShik Nailpolish LUXE - At least I got one nailpolish this month! Even though it is a rather plain color, I am super excited to be getting it

Pretty ok bag for me this month. I'm glad that they got an artist (Valfré) to design the bag, I hope to see more artists in the future!

First bag: Tatcha oil, terse red lip, Coats liquid liner, SJP rollerball and MeMeMe blush brush.

Second bag: Tatcha oil, Chrome type nail polish, Hot Mama blush, Treseq lipstick and patchology eye patches.

Overall very happy with both. Most excited over brush, polish and Tatcha.
TWO Tatcha swooooon!

Here is my Ipsy:

IMG_2065.JPG

I think the trust fund primer is almost identical to smashbox, the ingredients are very similar.

The pull tab on the bag is a ghost:

IMG_2063.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the bag, super cute!  Mine is suppoed to be here this week, can't wait!  I like 98% of my items, the perfume could be questionable (like if it gives a headache, I can do strong perfume but no florals or I am down for the day).

I signed up again just for the bag lol. I loved August's bag too and was able to swap for one, but can't swap for the other one for the life of me. So I saw this spoiler bag and had to have it. I'm getting NYX eyeliner, which I hate NYX products and don't use liquid eyeliner, TheBalm blush, which I've received a thousand times from various subs, a generic eyeshadow, don't even remember the name, but looked like a pretty shade. A hair product I won't use and a brush, I'm only excited about the brush and the bag this month, typical Ipsy. I'd die to get a foundation, primer, BB cream, scrub, even a cleanser, I'm so tired of only getting moisturizers. 

Here is a pic of my bag. I'm really happy this month because of the concealer and the Tattoo liner

image.jpeg

My bag arrived today! It was kind of a bust if I'm honest but the bag is so cute I don't mind.

MUFE Foundation - Shade is too dark for me (I got Ivory but I'm super pale)

Trestique Lipstick in Belize Bordeaux - Pretty color, but it's sheer enough to look kind of hot pink on me and I'm not into that.

NYX Liner in Gunmetal - Seriously what am I supposed to do with a gunmetal liner?

Purlisse Lip treatment - This I really like and will use.

I don't remember the brand Shadow Brush - Brushes are my favorite thing to get so this made the bag.

The first three I'll pass on to my mom, but honestly the other two and the bag make up for it.

Back