Is It Wrong To Hate Family?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is kind of what family is about sometimes isn't it, loving them despite their flaws? For me and my brother personally we had a period of time when we only got on each other nerves. We grew up best of friends, and then as teenagers his girlfriend was best friends with my worst enemy and blah blah drama, and my life sucked because I was a teenager...all angst. As harsh as it may sound, you should never take your emotions too seriously when you are a ball of hormones (which is why sex should wait ((things that I know now, lol))). And if you are angry...that is an emotion that comes from something deeper like LOVE. If you didn't love your brother, then you wouldn't even bother to try.

Anyways...I digress, the point is we are appreciative of each other now. Most of our family has moved South, so we are the only ones near each other, and we constantly want to be together as a family. We'd be lying if we said we LIKED each other ALL of the time but there is no doubt that we LOVE each other ALL of the time.

Now, I also have an uncle who I don't like. I never knew him growing up, but I never really heard good things about it. Now the family accepts him, but I don't bother. I don't love him now, so why should I love him just to let him be someone who could let me down? I dunno...I guess that sounds cynical.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah I think he's just acting like an immature jerk. At one point my brother was calling me and my older sister names like "H**" saying that we were slutty and skany, when we are not promiscuous whatsoever, i actually consider myself prude, LOL! He would not listen to my mom, would be so dirty, would pick physical fights (in public!!!). Finally my oldest bro came back from the Marine corps and my dad got disabled, so he was kinda forced to straighten up! I would say keep your distance and let it pass. If you don't hang around him and want nothing to do with him, he'll get the hint. Most likely, he'll cool down and then want to socialize, I agree with what you're saying, boys take longer to mature in my opinion.. Just give him time. I'm still waiting for my 18 and 20 year old brother's to mature!! lol

How did it all start?

I guess it has not always been like that.

Try to go back in time and "take a look" if a special event made it start?

Perhaps you need a third person to help you out of this?

I understand your anger but it would be so sad if you lose each other for ever.

Back