• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Is swapping dead?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh it's easy to find everyones stuff. Just visit their PUBLIC PROFILE PAGE by simply clicking on thier name anywhere on the board.
wink.gif

For Wontpayretail23's Public Profile page, locate her name anywhere on the board and click it, OR click here https://forum.makeuptalk.com/member.php?userid=5582 as I found it for you.
wink.gif

Then look on the left side and look for Wontpayretail23's Wishlist Items . That is everyone's story. For SUPER detailed INFORMATION about the PUBLIC PROFILE PAGE, check this thread out here

HTH
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe

I want your MAC brush.. but i can't seem to find your wishlist!

Originally Posted by zinn Not dead but maybe sleeping in a little? I did swap alot on that other board. But had been "burned" too many times. Well, similar experience here. I incurred in some international postal problems and I haven't received 5 parcels even if they were registered
icon_evil.gif
BUT few days ago I started to swap again so I'll write a swaplist here as well
icon_biggrin.gif

I am surprised that in the last 7 days I have contacted 9 people about doing a swap and not even a no thanks or anything. It seems that courtesy would be to at least respond if not interested. If the items are no longer available, maybe we should find a way to retract the swap from the list. I dont know. The whole swap thing is frustrating.

it's because people might not be visiting the boards anymore.

Originally Posted by Liz

it's because people might not be visiting the boards anymore.

They will receive an email once contacted also. *IF the emails are valid....unfortunately, we have no control over that
frown.gif

hi hi! I would be more active in posting my swap list if I finally figure out how. lol.

I got lots of stuff to swap! But sometimes it's very hard to log in (perhaps our bandwidth is so far away).
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hard to login? Well, not really login. I think to accurately describe, it would be accessing the website.
Like eg. for me to come in and type this reply, it took me 4 attempts to click the link on the email, which gave me the "Dead page/ error" page when the host is down type, so I tried again 30 mins later accessing direct, and it brought me to main page.

Then I tried to load this page, which loaded blank for me 3 times, before I got to this reply page.

So sometimes when I can't log in, most of the time I just give up after.
icon_redface.gif
I'm not sure if that sort of makes sense?

I am new here and want to swap as well as sell and buy items here.

I too came from the "other" site. I did a fair amount of swapping there but am hoping for some new experiences here and the opportunity to meet some new folks.

twirllytail

Originally Posted by twirllytail I am new here and want to swap as well as sell and buy items here.
I too came from the "other" site. I did a fair amount of swapping there but am hoping for some new experiences here and the opportunity to meet some new folks.

twirllytail

we do have a sale forum, but i think you need to have a certain # or posts. so it doesn't make a difference really. lol

Back