Is the quality of Victoria Secret clothes always this bad??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really surprised! I've found quite the opposite... for example, several years ago I bought a black shirt with "together we make things happen" written on the back with sequins and glitter. I paid over $50 for it and I figured I'd only get to wear it a few times and that the wash would ruin it. But, I loved it enough to still buy it. I wore it yesterday & it still looks mint. Surpassed my expectation. However, I no longer buy any black yoga pants from the PINK line because they fade -horribly-!!

I'm really surprised! I've found quite the opposite... for example, several years ago I bought a black shirt with "together we make things happen" written on the back with sequins and glitter. I paid over $50 for it and I figured I'd only get to wear it a few times and that the wash would ruin it. But, I loved it enough to still buy it. I wore it yesterday & it still looks mint. Surpassed my expectation. However, I no longer buy any black yoga pants from the PINK line because they fade -horribly-!!
Right! I have a pink sweatshirt set I bought and had since 2005 and I love it, still is holding up despite all the washes and dryer cycles. But that recent purchase I had, if I saw those dresses in store it would have not purchased them. I still have a couple of dresses I kept still intact but maybe because I hardly wear them.

I bought a pair of pink boyfriend stretch pants and the seam in the butt isn't straight it pisses me off pretty bad but nobody else notices.

Attracted by their sexy fashion show, I'm planning to shop from them. And then I saw this thread... lol

I don't buy any of their stuff. I usually go to Target, or Amazon. Also think my mom bought me some of their long sleeve shirts awhile ago. They are pretty fitting and comfy.

I am very disappointed about Victoria Secret quality ! Considering I am living in UK I ordered more items because the postage is so expensive so I spent about £200 on tops and dresses but the quality of the clothes is very poor , they haven't got Victoria Secret label and also it does say ,,made in China'' . After you wash them they can't be worn . And the prices are huge , sometimes it's better to buy from ebay direct from China if the quality you want is a poor one but at least you pay a reasonable price . I couldn't send them back because that would cost me extra £40 for delivery. I will not buy anymore from them !

Yeah VS is so overpriced. Shopping at Macy's would be a better ideas. Felina's is my favorite brand now.

The bras and panties have always served me (I'm not a big-busted gal -how I wish! I'm a normal D) very well and for a LONG time. The only one that has worn out was one I was wearing during a car accident (the seatbelt during impact caused the center loops holding the cups together to snap) so I don't really count that lol. BUT - I love push up bras and do no like full coverage. I DO think they are scarily overpriced. I only have some things because they were gifts. I've found target bras that work just as well, except the boning pops out on those where my  VS hasn't had that issue yet.

The clothes NEVER appealed to me though. If I'm spending $80 on an article of clothing - it's going to be stellar and covered in spikes or studs or just weird(because that's how I roll.) I don't get the price on say, a track suit with sequins on it. Not worth all that money!! I'd rather put my $80+ on some new unif stuff. =p

Oh, and the way they measure you at VS for bras is weird. Wouldn't recommend getting your size there.

And they don't cater to bigger-busted gals. But they will try and stuff you into their biggest size, even if you're bigger than that. X(

Oh, and the way they measure you at VS for bras is weird. Wouldn't recommend getting your size there. And they don't cater to bigger-busted gals. But they will try and stuff you into their biggest size, even if you're bigger than that. X(
This happened to me! I went in a while back, pretty clueless but just knowing my current bra didn't fit. The lady measured me over my shirt and bra, then grabbed a rather expensive but really plain B cup for me. Which is what I was already wearing, but I figured I was just wearing them wrong somehow since this lady insisted it was the right size. A few months later I went to a Torrid, considering getting a C and stuffing to make a particular dress fit better. The girl working there looked at me like I was nuts, measured me herself, and handed me a bunch of D cups (which fit!). The Torrid bra was half the price of the VS bra, and so far is holding up way better (the VS bra crumpled after a few washes, got fuzzies all over, and the band was really weak and pudged out in back)

I don't buy anything from VS anymore. A lot of their stuff looks nice and cute online, but then when I get into the store it looks cheap a mile away.

Some of their basic panties are fine, but I can get those at Target for less, so I just don't bother when them anymore.

I occasionally get a thing in the mail for a free panty and I always take them up on that offer.
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LillyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I occasionally get a thing in the mail for a free panty and I always take them up on that offer.
biggrin.gif

Haha! Me too!

My last freebie was a full sized body spray! S-weet.

I used to shop at VS before I knew any better, and now I buy all of my undies and bras at TJ Maxx and Marshall's, because nothing beats high quality $3 panties and $7 push-up bras :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been buying clothing online from them for a very long time (7 years) and have never gotten anything that was bad quality. I've returned two items only because they were the wrong size.

Quote: Originally Posted by annifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been buying clothing online from them for a very long time (7 years) and have never gotten anything that was bad quality. I've returned two items only because they were the wrong size.

Lucky you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YES! YES! YES! i completely agree with you! I've ordered 800$ stuff from VS.com and what i received? i couldn't believe! the quality of everything is really bad, clothing doesn't look as it is on the pictures at all.. OMG i felt weird to spend so much money for cheap looking sweaters and dresses... Never again i will shop there!

I like their panties and bought online and they were good... Have you contacted VS about that? 

I'm usually happy with my VS purchases. I LOVE their swimsuits and yoga pants, although I do agree that after 3 years of wear, the color of my yoga pants has faded. I'm 5'9" so it's tough for me to find pants that are ever long enough. (Especially suit pants to wear with heels.) However, many of their pants online can be ordered with a 34" and/or 36" inseam which is amazing for me!

@annifer , same here. purchased online and in stores since 6 years. 6 years ag I bought two bras who had the lace ripping within a month. I was so pissed. But I decided to try again and love their underwear although I would also not trust them sizing you. I have ordered clothig online and am good with the yoga pants. I have two bra tops from them where one is great quality the other one is so-so but still looks nice. For their regular clothing I now do prefer to loo at it in person.

Back