Is there a mineral makeup suitable for women of color?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Carleen /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about Pure Luxe? IIRC, the owner there is also a woman of color. I saw Christina's photo in the Pure Luxe website, but she's not of color.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by cafelatte /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey, I'm a woman of color and I use Everyday minerals. I know it contains Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, but I haven't had any problems with ashiness. Their Sandy Medium in Warm matches my complexion perfectly Oh, glad that Sandy Medium works for you.
smile.gif
I think I turn a bit orange with this
frown.gif

Originally Posted by pinkminnow /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw Christina's photo in the Pure Luxe website, but she's not of color.
smile.gif
By gosh, you're right. My mistake. I will edit my post. *blush*

ive found pur minerals to be very good to match darker skin tones...

and it doesnt get that "ashy" look either!

dont give up, its the amount of titanium dioxide that matters,

here is smething i got from the e5 website

"All of our colors have been designed keeping all types of ethnicities in mind. For instance, Fair to Medium shades contains a higher amount of titanium dioxide while the Medium/Dark to Dark Shades contains a lower concentration, because higher concentrations of titanium dioxide, although very good for the skin can leave darker skin shade dull. What we aim for is a beautiful all natural looking you"

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Every brand I've seen has Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide.I give up!

You could also try Gerda Spillmann's line. I know they have a nice range of colors, including for those with darker skin tones. They are not a mineral powder but mineral cream foundation. I really love it. My friend in Colorado has dark skin and their raven is perfect match to her.

I've heard of it but I really never considered it.

I guess I 'd figured I'd go shade shopping like everybody else....

mineral-makeup.jpg

I really think you should try milan minerals. I tried BE and it was ok, but when I wear Milan minerals, I get compliments. I did my best friend's makeup for her wedding, and she's a smidge darker than I, and she looked flawless. No ashiness.

Sephoras girl, I really admire your candor.

I was considering Milan minerals and after seeing pictures found the ladies looked ashy too...

If you do find something, please let us know.

That's the thing that disturbs me.

People love a product but it makes them look horrible.

I'm certainly going to look.

It's so easy to apply and effective there has to be colors that don't look ashy.

Back