Is there such a thing as a true 'HG' product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HG products..?

How long does a product have to be your HG, before it truely is HG...?

For example, the amount of times I have posted about a product that is my HG, only to have found a better version of it 4 months later... :laughing:

Am I too fickle, or does everyones HG items change regularly? Or once you find one, is it in your makeup bag 'forever'??

My HG could last for only a period of time, then I find other better products or I discover they are not THAT good.

I think you can have a HG foundation that just really works for you and is the perfect color match, but other products I think they change a lot and you can always discover something better! At least that's how I am!

It depends on what it is. I do not have any "true" hg eyeshadows, except for the fact that the brand is mac. Mac is my hg for eyeshadows. I have been using maybelline dream matte mousse, and i believe it is pretty close to being my hg (ive been using it for like a year). My skincare line is constantly changing, and so is my mascara and powder.

I've never had a product of mine be an HG. I am always wanting something better. I have recently decided to started using more natural products. I haven't been happy with my skin in a while.

I agree. Formulations change and new products come out frequently so the term HG I think is just for that period. Its pretty hard to label a product "mother of all" when theres so many to choose from lol. Its a tough competition out there.

My favorites last until I find something better. Now, I have brands that I am very loyal too because they consistently put out products that I like (M.A.C., Stilla, Nars etc) but it feels like every few weeks I am finding a better product that trumps the one I held in awe before. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've found my HG foundation. I know it's my HG because I've been using it for over 6 months, and I'm not interested in trying any other foundations, cause this one is perfect for me.

It's Shu's Depsea Perfect Water in Cake Foundation. I just love it. I have other foundations that I don't use anymore, cause they just don't compare to Shu.

I only call a product my HG if I love it that much that I no longer want to try others. I've also found some HG skincare items that I just repurchase, because they work for me.

I have (or look for) HG products that are skintone-specific, such as foundation, concealer, highlighter, and bronzer. Eyeshadows and lipstuff are all fair game. I also have HG skincare products, since it takes time finding out what works best for my skin and consistency is good.

i think its possible that some people may have hgs but one person hg is definitely not everyone else's hg.

theres been so many times when someone raved and raved about something, and i tried it on myself and i was very unimpressed.

i also find that i have a love/hate relationship with a lot of my makeup..i might hate it at first and put it aside and find that when i reach for it a month later, i love it...

women...we're just fickle like that!

I think it depends on the person and whether or not you want to try something new. I can say that MAC's Strobe Cream is my HG moisturizer. It has worked really well for me for almost two years. However, I haven't tried anything else because I have been happy with this product.

I think that people tend to want to look for HG skin products (foundation, concealer, moisturizer, etc.) because skin is pretty consistent and you need to have makeup that matches so you look natural. Lipgloss and e/s, I think everyone wants to try different colors at some point or another so that's why they switch so much.

Back