Is there such a thing as a true 'HG' product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally!

We all want different things from our makeup. I was thinking the other day about mascara, for example. People want different things from the product. I've got long, naturally curled lashes which are blonde so I don't need much length or to hold a curl, but I do need consistent colour from root to tip and definition. Products some people love look drag queen over-the-top on me, products I love would not work for others who don't need the colour so much but do need lengthening fibres, for example.

Apart from which I tend to have a wardrobe of 3-4 mascaras (different colours like brown, black or navy, different effects, waterproof and non-waterproof) that give different looks to wear in different situations (natural for work or a casual night in the pub, more bold for clubbing or a formal party etc.) or to wear with different colour combos.

There is, for me, no Holy Grail -- only the right product in the right situation. Now, don't get me started on different lipsticks or blushers...

My only true HG is MAC makeup. I think my taste in makeup colours is constantly changing depending on my mood and my skin.

I don't really have any HG m/u products, the one true HG of mine is deep conditioner; I think you can love a product for a long while until you find something better but with make-up they're always invetning new finishes and formulas so I doubt you'll have too many HG's.

Finding "The HG Product" is as elusive as finding your "soulmate"! Actually I have found my soulmate, LOL so maybe my reply is invalid now...

I've found my HG lipcolor, Revlon's SL l/s in Blushed. It's MLBB, which makes it perfect for any look I'm going for. The only thing that sucks is that I have to reapply after eating and whatnot.

But it takes a LONG time and repeated purchasing/use for something to be my HG. Of course, I'm always on the lookout for something better. And I don't dub things "HG" very often. Like, Maybelline Full N Soft is close to being my HG mascara, but I'm also hooked on Max Factor 2000 calories, too. So, like another poster said, we women are too fickle! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it is possible to find a HG product. I have a few (clinique loose powder, EL advanced night recovery complex for eyes, clean and clear blotting sheets, etc.) and I know that if I find something else, it might be equally good, but most likely not better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think so. I've had items that I've considered HG, but then tried something else on a whim, and like it just as much, or more.

I am like you love something for a while and then find something I love even more, quess you could call us fickle or we just try so much stuff it makes us .......I am not sure what it makes us beyond makeup lovers and thats why we are here LOL

i think of my hg products as my go to, tried and true products. i may change to other things for a while, but i always come back to my staples.

i love it! too cute!

I have found my HG:

Concealer - Cle de Peau Beaute concealer in Ocher.

Foundation - Cle de Peau Satine foundation 030.

It took me awhile to find my HG but I am glad I did. I am glad also that I don't need much to apply to get that great look so the high initial costs prove to be a good buy in the long run.

All the best!

I have some items that I use all the time, for example L'Oreal True Match Concealer, Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner etc.! I've been using these items constantly for over a year! They're HGs for sure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But that doesn't mean that I've stopped looking around for new products! :eusa_whistle:

For hair and skin care definitely! When I find something that works, I tend to stick with it until it gets discontinued. LOL When it comes to make-up, not so much, I love trying new colors.

I am a total pj though, so even though I have HG items I still buy more stuff. LOL Where is the PJs Anonymous meeting being held this week? LOL

my whole family all have sensitive skin or stomach~ so whenever we try or eat sth new it takes only a VERY short time to see the results... when i say short i mean after my dad swallows a piece of not completely coked lobster* very small piece* he would go to the washroom in 10 mins...

in terms of skin prod i have reaction to it right after i put it on ~ so after i used sth a few times and it still dont break me out* especially when its like super humid and hot here* i would say its my HG~ ha~!!!too quck ?

Not for me. I am always chasing that elusive HG and never quite find it. Make-up companies LOVE people like me!

Back