Is this extensions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This girls hair is gorgeous!

i want!! i want!!

is it extensions though? i mean at the root. my hair is

probably about the same length as hers but its the lift

at the root that i'd sell my entire family for.

i hate my hair being flat and just kind of hanging and

she seems to have found the answer to my prayers!

img007.jpg

can hardly see the hair but those are def extensions
smile.gif
try volumizing spray before blowdrying and after get hot rollers and roll that top part into the roller and leave it for 10 min. you will get volume.

Those are her own roots. What helps with the volumizing lift is that they are a darker color than the dyed parts, it helps to "fill-it-in" a little bit. The lift you can get with ratting and hairspray, if need be... or even a stiffer wax.

She also seems like she has some extensions put underneath her top layers and in the back.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't even see how you guys can tell from that picture, It's too small and dark. Patricia, look at the difference in shine and texture between the hair on top of her head... and then look towards the bottom. The bottom hair looks a little bit more free flowing than the stiffer stuff up top. Also, a whole bunch more hair just suddenly appears out from underneath that upper layer... it's definitely extensions.
She does look good though, no shame in her game! If a girl were to put in extensions the way she has, that would be the way to wear 'em.

She might have extensions, I dont know, sorry
frown.gif
but have you thought about making a RAT and putting it in along with some volumizing spray? The best is Flip Out by Beyond the Zone, this is my lifesaver!

ok a couple of people have said they cant see the pic or the hair which has me totally confused cos the picture doesnt look small or dark to me so here is another one.. and if this still doesnt work then her myspace is MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/262914497

shes a beautiful girl but i think im in love with her hair lol

076.jpg

^ She's not wearing extensions in this second pic here, but yeah, it's the same kind of style. Though, her roots are not lifted in this picture like they were in the first one. You can tell she tried to tease it a bit, but it looks like it still fell flat.

Extensions give body to the hair, but not volume at the root as the extensions don't get placed up there. You can get that volume from a few different things. Blow drying upside down and using a root lifting spray, using large rollers on the top of the head, etc.

Originally Posted by jakk-attakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif so you think its extensions giving her the lift in the first one? It might be just a little bit, but I think it's that and something else, like some kind of stiff pomade or wax or something. She probably just got done styling it that way, so that may be why it looks so fresh.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Extensions give body to the hair, but not volume at the root as the extensions don't get placed up there. You can get that volume from a few different things. Blow drying upside down and using a root lifting spray, using large rollers on the top of the head, etc. Yeah, what she said. ^

Have fun if u get them done I know I didnt like them

I dont want to be sexy from extensions..

Glad I took mine out and be sexy being me
smile.gif

She does have nice hair. Though I dont know a thing about extensions Im always trying to get more volume into my roots, its an ongoing battle over here. My long curls drag the top of my hair right down! I hate it. Best ways Ive found to get volume at my roots is changing around my part (my hair always parts straight down the middle) so once I change it, instant easy volume. Also using mousse and blowdrying hair upside down. Teasing works on straight hair, I see my friend tease her roots all the time, and it looks pretty brilliant, but with my curly hair that gives me way too much frizz. Id try rollers too but again, my hairs too curly for that to work properly, though Im sure if you have straight hair, it will probably look awesome.

I guess its just finding the right products + technique. Im still trying new stuff all the time here. Hope I helped.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^ She's not wearing extensions in this second pic here, but yeah, it's the same kind of style. Though, her roots are not lifted in this picture like they were in the first one. You can tell she tried to tease it a bit, but it looks like it still fell flat. I was gonna say the same thing. Shes totally wearing extensions in the first pic (and the hair looks great) and in the 2nd pic she isnt. My profile pic has extensions in it, maybe that'll help u kinda tell wat kinda hair has extensions and which dont.

Latest posts

Back