Is this too skanky for company Christmas dinner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your going to a party with cocktails why not im sure the guys wont mind

i think it really depends on the way the dress looks on you also.. if it is really tight and there is too much showing then i wouldnt wear it.. but i could see it being cute on the right body type so it is up to you =)

It all depends on what the regular dress code in that company is. Do they all wear suits at his company? If so, than they might think your dress is over the top. If however it's a more trendy company where everyone wears fashion cloths, than it's just fine. I personally think the dress would look great in black, but if you would be the only person showing skin you might feel uncomfortable.

well its a very cute dress, but i wouldn't wear it for xmas dinner, what if everyone else is more formal or conservative, then you may feel uncomfortable all night

I think it looks fine, its not to over the edge and not quite conservative... very chic... plus xmas parties your supposed to have a good time, might as well show off a dress that matches your expression... Have fun!

I think that will be a much better choice! Even with a sweater/shawl, the dress you posted still looks too casual and/or too sexy due to the corset front and the uneven bottom. I think the skirt and shirt combo will be a much better choice! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can dress up the skirt and shirt even more with nice accessories and shoes, and a cute hairstyle, if you are worried it might be a bit more casual than a dress.

As my company emphasizes in their dress code, "If you can't decide if an outfit meets the dress code or not, then don't wear it!" I wish more people would follow that rule! lol

PS: I work for a software development company, and I think that dress would be too sexy.... keep in mind most software developers are guys, do you want all the guys in the room staring at your sexy dress all night? lol I always dress conservative at work, I don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention!

i love it, but i don't think it's appropriate for a xmas dinner. i know it's not what you want to hear, but you may need to find something else.

not too sure about the frilly hemline, does not look sophisticated enough, but I like the top half bit. if you accessorize well, i think it would look good. depends how this dress looks on YOU though.

I agree. Something a little less busy, and a little more streamlined might be a better choice.

I will say that is a really neat dress though. I've always been a sucker for bustiers or corset tops - and I have to admit that I like the red, hehe.

Back