Isaac Hanson Expected to Make 'Full and Swift' Recovery

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
isaac_hanson.jpg

Isaac Hanson of the brother group Hanson underwent "life-saving" surgery Thursday for a disease causing blood clots and is expected to be well enough to perform as early as next week, his rep says.

"Everyone in the Hanson camp are very pleased with the outcome of Isaac's surgery," the band's rep, Ken Phillips, tells PEOPLE. "Isaac, Taylor and Zac are all looking forward to getting back out on the road doing what they love best, performing."

The 26-year-old guitarist, hospitalized Tuesday night after suffering severe shoulder and chest pains following a show, was recovering at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.

"The life-saving surgery was performed by Dr. Bradley Grimsley, who was extremely satisfied with the results and expects Isaac to make a full and swift recovery," says Phillips.

If cleared by doctors, Hanson – the oldest of the three brothers in the band – is due to be released Friday and will perform Monday in Knoxville, Tenn., on Hanson's "Walk Tour."

According to his rep, Hanson underwent surgery for a form of pulmonary embolism called Paget-Schroeder Syndrome, in which arteries from the heart are constricted, causing potentially fatal blood clots in the lungs.

I am glad that he will be ok. I am sure his family as well as fans were worried. I had no idea that they were still performing.

Back