I've decided to get gel nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about what to do with my nails, reading up on different things, and talking to various nail techs, and I've decided I'm going to get gel nails. (UV gels, no tips, actually scupted by the tech with the gel).

This is one of the things that was suggested to me (the other thing was gel polish/shellac, but since I've been biting my nails lately, that doesn't seem like the best idea). 

I'm going to get them done later today, so once I have them, I'll be sure to come back and post a pic!

Here they are:

Not the best pic, and of course, as I always do, I smudged them as soon as I left the salon...but oh well. 

love them! They're literally the best set I've ever gotten! And the pink is just regular polish, the gel itself is a natural-esque color, so I can change the color of my nails whenever I get bored!

I don't know what polish shade I've got on...it's by Essie though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!

I was going to get a pink and white set, but it would've cost $75 instead of $50 (they were running a special on clear gel sets with regular polish)...so I went with the clear gel and polish since I can always do a paint on French mani! 

It's a fairly pricey salon, but it's also the best one I've ever been to, so in my opinion, it's totally worth it!

I do my own gel nails at home.  I went on ebay and bought the whole set up for $50-ish.  It's way easy to do and with Sech Vite fast dry topcoat, I get a whole week out of a manicure.  Then I change my polish then next time I touch up the gel.  I've gotten to where I just use the gel topcoat and not the builder gel.  I spend a couple of hours every couple of weeks doing the gel while I watch TV.

It helps my weak, thin nails to look great and grow well.  Best money I ever spent.  

Latest posts

Back