Javascript help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im a regular on youtube. but just now , whenever i want to watch a video, this pop up

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

i downloaded the flash player.!!!!!!!!!! i still cant view that. the messgae kepts repeating..

what's javascript? can anyone teach me to on it?

After you downloaded the flash player, did you restart your browser? Are you using IE or Firefox? XP or Vista?

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif After you downloaded the flash player, did you restart your browser? Are you using IE or Firefox? XP or Vista? geez.. im know nothing abt computers and such.. im using um.. windows xp?? and i did restart my com. and um.. internet explorer??

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay, I use Firefox, so I'm not gonna be much help. Did you verify the installation on the Adobe page?
Go to this page, and verify your installation.

If it is installed, go to this page and follow the directions to enable it.

I'm sure there's probably an easier way, but like I said, I don't use IE (da debil!) HIH

thanks honey.. but the same message keeps popping up. java is on. i verified the installation too
frown.gif
frown.gif
(
frown.gif
:

I had the same problem last week but not just on youtube. I could not figure out the problem so I downloaded Firefox and uninstalled internet explorer and flash and reinstalled flash and since then I have had no problems

I had the exact same problem with IE... I would download the latest versions then nothing.. It was doing that for months and I couldn't figure out how to fix is.. Tried everything. We couldn't see videos anymore and my wife was ticked.. There were some other issues too that the kids downloading and installing had caused so I backed everything up to an external drive and pulled out system restore and reinstalled everything from scratch.. Now it runs fast again and everything works.. The kids are NOT allowed to touch it.. They can screw up their own PCs!! Lol

Good luck!! Hope you fare better than I did..

Okay, try going into control panel, and then click on internet options. When the internet properties box pops up click on the Advance tab and scroll down to see if there is a check beside Use JRE #. if it's not checked, then check it. Then restart your comp. If that doesn't work, uhm download Firefox, actually you should do that anyway, IE is da debil!!!

thanks all! i was soooooo pissed off with IE. it's always giving me problems. i downloaded firefox!! it's great! THANKS ALL

All your problems were not from the browser but from Java.

Downloading the latest Java Script would have solved it. Installing a new browser most likely did the same thing (install the new java update) along with the new browser.

(I have IE 7 and have never had a problem with it)

But glad to know you all fixed the issue.

Download Java software from Sun Microsystems

If you want to learn javascript you can pick up a book at the book store or take a college class in it. Javascript is a browser based scripting language that allows calls to the document object model.

Enjoy and have fun!

Latest posts

Back