Jessica Simpson + Mom jeans?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like she's put on some weight, but her hair and skin still look great though, her skin looks really smooth in the pictures. For some reason, I thought she resembles Anna Nicole Smith in the pics.

She is def being ripped in the press over this...especially by the new york post off all things.

I thought these were mean

jessnyp.jpg

post_image-0126_jessica_simpson_coo.jpg

Apparently she went from a size 2 to a size 8 (she's around 5'2"). That's not fat at all, but it is a significant weight gain for such a short period of time!

Thoase jeans really are awful and quite clearly do nothing for her, but her hair look great as always

Yea the clothes...........not working lol. and although it LOOKS like shes gain weight (regardless if she really has or not) it isnt by all means shes fat or unappealing. She @ least looks healthy and seems to be @ a normal weight, so it shuldn be sucha crime right?????

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Apparently she went from a size 2 to a size 8 (she's around 5'2"). That's not fat at all, but it is a significant weight gain for such a short period of time! Jessica is a hottie for sure, and I don´t think the weight gain is horrible! But Jessica Simpson...a size 2? I find that hard to believe, she seemed to curvy to be a 2

Her figure is fine. She is at a healthy weight, and looks nice.

I think it is the clothing and photo angles that make it worse.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif But Jessica Simpson...a size 2? I find that hard to believe, she seemed to curvy to be a 2 Well, she is very short...that plays a big role in it. In her Newylweds show that she did, she mentioned being pressured into losing weight until she weighed 102 at one point for a music video. So that definitely could be a size 2. I weigh 95 right now (and I'm not exactly bone thin, either), and I'm a 0/1.

Urgh This is why nobody should be wearing the high waisted jeans (as in, what people referred to as "grandpa pants" only two years ago when it wasnt fashionable) and belts around their middle! Even a middle sized and PROBABLY quite slim in real life woman looks fat. I dont know why this trend exists - im sure anyone who currently wears this trend will be throwing away photos of themselves wearing it in a few years time.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif Her figure is fine. She is at a healthy weight, and looks nice.I think it is the clothing and photo angles that make it worse.

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif These clothes do absolutely nothing for her figure. Is it even possible for shorties like us to wear mom jeans? Not that I want to... I LOVE mom jeans, and I've seen some short girls look ADORABLE in them. We went bowling with some friends a few weeks ago, and the girls next to our lane were BFFs in matching mom jeans with matching half-sleeve tattoos. They were basically the coolest things ever. They were TINY too, probably not much over 5'1 and a size 0/2.
I, however, went to Urban to try on the jeans... and it was pretty awful. I'm smaller than J. Simps, but I looked like my mom.

Hips. Coming. At. You.

I took them off and vowed to never speak of the incident again.

She's far from fat but should stay away from jeans or maybe belts like those. But I'm sure after all the negativity and hatred in the media she is at home right now starving herself for a skinny comeback. This reminds me of the guitarist from Poison saying it was more socially acceptable for him to be a drug addict than to be fat. And I think it's funny that the ET/Extra/Inside edition shows slammed her one day and the next seemed to take her side and wonder why everyone was being mean.

Bless her heart. That outfit is just so unflattering on her. I feel sorry for her and the criticism she's been taking over this. That was just a really unfortunate wardrobe choice.

My God....yeah the jeans make her look bad....no she is not fat......if she gained weight so what? All the articles about her and news clips arent even worth it...a thin gal gains weight and it seems that the whole entertainment world wants to witch hunt her.

Originally Posted by jwicc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hips. Coming. At. You.
I took them off and vowed to never speak of the incident again.

HAHAHAHAA! I know that feeling all too well!
biggrin.gif

I have to agree with darla! Because we all live in a society that thinks we all have to look a certain way to be fabulous if you don't do that, they put you in the spotligth like they did with jessica simpson and raven from the disney channel when she wear a green dress to the premier of tinker bell the movie.ever since then this two poor girls have being the joke of everyone, now you know there has being times were people wear something that at the moment you thought it look cute but maybe it didn't flatter your shape so what!!!!!! So what if you are fat or thin or ugly or pretty that dosent make you who you are what makes you who you are is much more then fat or thin or pretty or ugly.

i think ppl should have backed off when she gained weight. but when she started using the bad press to put her name out again I thought she deserved it. Come on shes on every cover of every tabloid this month!

I think media should give her a break, and coming from a size 2 like me. Paparazzi know how to grab really unflattering photos. So what? I'm tired of hearing who's gained weight, who toned down weight. yeah, maybe she should have better attire, but hey, who's naturally born a good wardrober?
wink.gif

Back