Job & Makeup Style

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd suggest going neutral for a little while then introducing a little "flash" of colour in your eyeliner. Neutral makeup and a plum, olive or navy eye liner still looks professional but adds some intrest. Of course, if you have a dress down day then you can introduce more colour. Bright makeup at work may be something you have to sacrifice for the job you want. Go wild on your days off
rotfl.gif

As a person who has a background in Human Resources, I would advise you to do a little research about the culture of your new employer. Mostly, I advise, to be a little conservative in your choice of makeup in the corporate world. You could add dashes of color to your dress by may be adding a scarf to your outfit, etc.

Try light blue pastel colors peachy pink. I still wear those colors. The neutral browns don't really make my eyes stand out.

you can use one or two fun shades and mix those with neutrals. so that you have a pop of fun in there

Well, I work at a semi-conservative church, and to be honest I still wear my colors, nothing extremely bright like NEON green or super hot pink, but I figure if my attire is calm enough I can pull off a bold eye color. I will admit the first couple of weeks, I was a little "quiet" with the colors, but after that, I picked up again. I think as long as you don't go overboard you'll be fine. I mix it up with neutral too, expecially if I know they'll be a lot of people in or if I know I'll be in a meeting. Other than that, be confident that most of all, your skills got you the job and will keep you there.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would stick to nuetrals at your new job. Maybe at least for a few months and then steadily wear something more noticeable and see what they think. Almost any color can be worn softly and made to look more "corporate" I agree too. Start out small and then slowly incorporate brighter colors.
I have somewhat the same problem, I work on campus and its not that I can't wear bright colors, but rather everyone here wears so little makeup that I feel soooo weird wearing even foundation
frown.gif
just in my office of course. The girls here, students, go all out on makeup, which is awesome.

Originally Posted by foxybronx /img/forum/go_quote.gif In total agreement!
I have the same dilemma.. I am sticking to browns, coppers, n golds until i am here for a few months.

Like aplsmash said, u can always wear your brights on the weekends.

THIS WAS ALWAYS ONE THING I HATED IT SINCE MOVED TO US.why can' i just be me???? idiotism.

Back